Linking Construction Program line items to relevant task lists

I'm working for a design and construct fit out company and we're looking to invest in control center and I'm just looking at the configuration of the project workspaces and need some ideas for the following scenario....

Each project has a construction programme which is shared with the client. Within that program there are a number of key events related to our drafting and procurement teams. However through out the project there are a lot of extra subtasks or action points for each of these departments and extra details to be collected that are for internal reference and we don't want inc on the main program. Just looking for suggestions on how to get the points and dates from the program to a drafting or procurement task list but still keeping the main program dates live and accurate on the relevant task lists.

My only thought would be to set up a rule when a program was finalised and perhaps a 'create task' checkbox was ticked on the main program the row copies to the necessary task list and it is the drafter or project managers responsibility to manually link the start and end date on their task list back to the main program so it stays live as things are pushed out in the program. Would be glad of any other suggestions that don't requite the manual cell linking though!

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 11/24/22

Hi @CAW

I hope you're well and safe!

There are multiple ways to structure a solution for this need.

• Cross-sheet formulas to department-specific sheet(s)
    • Cell linking to department-specific sheet(s)
    • Include it in the main one and use Reports to show it in different ways as needed

Would any of those options work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe, and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!