Attachments not attaching through automation email

I am trying to set up an automation so that when a row reaches a certain stage, an email alert goes out. In that email, I wanted to include any attachments from that row. I have done multiple tests, and sometimes the attachments are there and sometimes they are not. I have ensured that the attachments are uploaded prior to changing the stage as well. There seems to be no explanation why it works only sometimes. Attached are screenshots of how the automation is set up. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Tori Lapolla

I hope you're well and safe!

You'd have to use an Update Request workflow instead to include attachments if the Alert is triggered explicitly by the attachment. Another option would be to send the Alert from a so-called helper sheet by copying/moving the row to it and have a Workflow triggered by the added row.

Make sense?

Would any of those options work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe, and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.