Is there a way to link attachments across sheets?

I have attachments on rows in one sheet. Right now, I download that attachment and upload it to a row in a different sheet. Is there a way to link the attachment so that when I put it in Sheet 1, it will appear in Sheet 2? Other than downloading and uploading it of course. Thank you for any insight!

Best Answer

• Ryan Sides
    Ryan Sides ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Smartsheet doesn't provide permanent links to attachments for us to copy. You can get a link that expires in 30 days if you click the 3 dots next to the attachment and chose "Send File...".

Alternatively, you can create an automation that copies the row from Sheet 1 to Sheet 2 and just hide the columns you don't need. Then fill in your Sheet 2 relevant details.

Probably not the most elegant solution though.

Thoughts?

Ryan Sides

Smartsheet Tips and Tricks for Beginners and Advanced on LinkedIn and YouTube

Come Say Hello!

Answers

• Ryan Sides
    Ryan Sides ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Smartsheet doesn't provide permanent links to attachments for us to copy. You can get a link that expires in 30 days if you click the 3 dots next to the attachment and chose "Send File...".

Alternatively, you can create an automation that copies the row from Sheet 1 to Sheet 2 and just hide the columns you don't need. Then fill in your Sheet 2 relevant details.

Probably not the most elegant solution though.

Thoughts?

Ryan Sides

Smartsheet Tips and Tricks for Beginners and Advanced on LinkedIn and YouTube

Come Say Hello!

• That is really helpful to know! The rows in each sheet where I need the attachment are pretty different, so I think I may just stick with downloading and uploading them. But I'm glad I know! I didn't want to do that only to find out there was a way that I was unaware of.