Sign in to submit new ideas and vote
Get Started

Attachment capability for Docusign integration

It would be fantastic if there was the ability to attach files in the Docusign generation. It would make a large-scale project that our group performs every year much faster and easier for all of the users.

34 votes

On Wishlist · Last Updated

This is an innovative idea - while this change is not part of our current plan, this is the kind of thing our team is thinking about every day. Please keep commenting on this and other ideation posts that interest you!

Comments

• scottreiter
    scottreiter ✭✭✭✭

Agree. We have multiple documents that are attached in smartsheet that need to go along with the generated document that is sent to DocuSign for signature. For example, we generate a cover letter, but then the supporting documents need to be included as part of the DocuSign envelop. Currently, we use the 'Create in DocuSign as Draft' option to intercept it in DocuSign and then manually add the attachments before the envelop is sent. However, this involves manual intervention which is time consuming.

• JenR
    JenR ✭✭

Not sure how to upvote this request. We have an expense process where users fill out a form with relevant data and attach receipts. It's routed for approval (the only way approvers can view the receipts), and then a DocuSign is generated with the data auto-populated. However, those signing off on the metadata would like to view the receipts at the same time they are signing off on them via DocuSign.

• Would like to echo that, this feature would exponentially improve my workflow if Smartsheet had the ability to include the attached document[s] on designated row[s] along with the fillable generated document sent through DocuSign.

I am currently using the "save as draft" option, which seems to be a workaround for the functionality many would like to see with the DocuSign integration.

• cswicegood
    cswicegood ✭✭✭

I entered a ticket for this process a few days ago, and support sent me to this page.

Red Hat also needs this functionality. It's a bit counterproductive to have the ability to save attached documents from DocuSign to Smartsheet, but we cannot attach a file to DocuSign.

What is the process to make this happen

• I've been pretty desperately needing this since about 2019. There's not a single process where I can just send directly from Smartsheet — I always have to generate drafts in Document Builder and then go into each DocuSign envelope to add attachments..

• cswicegood
    cswicegood ✭✭✭

Is there any update from Smartsheet on this process? It looks like many companies could use this functionality.