Combining SUM and RIGHT

Options

Hello,

How may I find the SUM of multiple columns by using the SUM function and RIGHT function? I am collecting the data via a Smartsheet form and will need to email out the call center representative's score to their managers. I am getting #UNPARSEABLE as the result. Can someone help correct me?

A1, Customer satisfactionQ1: "Yes, 5"

B1, Customer satisfactionQ2: "Yes, 7"

C1, Customer satisfactionQ3: "Yes, 13"

D1, Customer satisfactionQ4: "No, 0"

E1, #UNPARSEABLE

=SUM(RIGHT([Customer satisfactionQ1]@row, 2),(RIGHT([Customer satisfactionQ2]@row, 2),(RIGHT([Customer satisfactionQ3]@row, 2)(RIGHT([Customer satisfactionQ3]@row, 2),(RIGHT([Customer satisfactionQ4]@row, 2)

Best Answer

• Kevin_smartsheet
    Answer ✓
    Options

I found the answer!

I was missing VALUE. I also had to even up the digits to 2 digit answers on the form (5 changed to 05, 0 changed to 00)

=SUM(VALUE(RIGHT([Customer satisfactionQ1]@row, 2))) + (VALUE(RIGHT([Customer satisfactionQ2]@row, 2))) + (VALUE(RIGHT([Customer satisfactionQ3]@row, 2))) + (VALUE(RIGHT([Customer satisfactionQ4]@row, 2)

Answers

• Hollie Green
    Hollie Green ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

You are missing a comma after the ) for Q3 the first time you have it listed. You also have Q3 in your formula twice.

• Kevin_smartsheet
    Options

Thank you, though after correcting, I am still getting the message "#UNPARSEABLE"

=SUM(RIGHT([Customer satisfactionQ1]@row, 2),(RIGHT([Customer satisfactionQ2]@row, 2),(RIGHT([Customer satisfactionQ3]@row, 2),(RIGHT([Customer satisfactionQ4]@row, 2)

If I use =(RIGHT([Customer satisfactionQ1]@row, 2)) then I receive the correct answer of 5.

If I use =SUM(RIGHT([Customer satisfactionQ1]@row, 2)) then I receive 0.

How can I use SUM and RIGHT together?

• Kevin_smartsheet
    Answer ✓
    Options

I found the answer!

I was missing VALUE. I also had to even up the digits to 2 digit answers on the form (5 changed to 05, 0 changed to 00)

=SUM(VALUE(RIGHT([Customer satisfactionQ1]@row, 2))) + (VALUE(RIGHT([Customer satisfactionQ2]@row, 2))) + (VALUE(RIGHT([Customer satisfactionQ3]@row, 2))) + (VALUE(RIGHT([Customer satisfactionQ4]@row, 2)

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!