How to view shared smartsheets from outside

Someone from outside my organization shared with me a smartsheet. When I click on the link in the email that came from Smartsheet, I can view the smartsheet fine. But when I click on the folder icon, it navigates back to all my workspace for all my smartsheets created within my organization. I can no longer see the smartsheet that was shared with me from outside.

How can I see all my internal smartsheets and shared smartsheet in one place?

Answers

• Jeff Reisman
    Jeff Reisman ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@MonikaSirko

If the external user shared just a Smartsheet grid sheet from their account (as opposed to an entire folder or workspace,) it should still show up in your Browse screen. It would appear under Sheets as a standalone item. You may have to log out and back in for it to show up.

I have several Smartsheet items from various folders and workspaces I own under my company's enterprise account which I have shared with my personal account, in order to test external free collaborator access. Some of these are in folders and some are in workspaces, but they all show up under Sheets for my other account:

Regards,

Jeff Reisman

Link: Smartsheet Functions Help Pages Link: Smartsheet Formula Error Messages

If my answer helped solve your issue, please mark it as accepted so that other users can find it later. Thanks!

• I don't see anything under Sheets. I logged out and logged back in and still no luck.

Right now to get into the shared smartsheet from outside is to locate that email and click on the link :(

• Ray Lindstrom
    Ray Lindstrom ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@MonikaSirko,

Hello,

Here's a little trick I use to help me locate things. When viewing the sheet in question, click File then Properties. There is a "Location" listed. That shows you how to manually navigate to the file.

All the best,

-Ray