Sign in to submit new ideas and vote
Get Started

Table in Forms

It would be extremely helpful to be able to add a data table to a form. I need to be able to ask users to provide details about, for example, grazing in multiple paddocks. My table would look like this:

Column 1 Header: Paddock No.

Column 2 Header: Crop Type

Column 3 Header: Area

Please add this to the list of development ideas

25 votes

On Wishlist · Last Updated

Bringing rich layout controls is something we plan to address. We're currently in the design phase so your comments and use-cases are very helpful to review. When we get closer to this idea becoming a reality, we'll plan to update the status here.

Comments

• Julie Jesmer
    Julie Jesmer ✭✭
    edited 01/03/23

I have been looking for this for several months. It has been discussed in this forum a few times. I NEED a fillable table to appear in a form to be filled out as part of a grant application process. I have a budget form that needs to auto-calculate and present in a table layout to our customers filling out the form. Currently we need to do a TON of copy pasting of budgets from one form to another and use the document mapping process to build the output format required by our funder. If we could have a table pop up in a form that could be filled in by the client and then displayed in a final report or document as is, without having to make a new document map each quarter, it would change our entire process. This is a HUGE issue for us to the point of supervisors questioning the value of purchasing our Smartsheet licenses.

• cecilia m
    cecilia m ✭✭✭

It would be nice if there's more formatting feature in form, (e.g. having short questions side by side instead of next line etc). Also make a table format to fill out.

• NickStaffordPM
    NickStaffordPM ✭✭✭✭✭

This would be an amazing feature. Especially if the information in the table could be dynaminc based on other sheets and reports!

If you found this comment useful, please let me know by clicking one of the buttons below: Awesome, Insightful, Upvote, or Accepted Answer. Your feedback will assist others looking for the same information and also help me out.

Thanks!

Nick Stafford

• In situations to which two sets of data correspond to each other in a form, it would be great to input the data in a table format. For example, a collection timepoint with it's corresponding collection data for multiple collection timepoints.

• HMK
    HMK ✭✭

Please offer an input table on a form.

• Rachel Beck
    Rachel Beck ✭✭✭✭

100% agreed - we have teams that complete audits on site, and it would be supremely helpful to allow them to add values into a grid format. Each site has different items we need to audit, and this would make the process 10x easier.

• LeanneV
    LeanneV ✭✭

I would love to see some ability to create calculations within some of the table fields as well. .pdf tables allow for a few calculations and this is really helpful. Maybe having the ability to embed a sheet into a form—this way, you can have all of the functionality of a sheet, but in the form!