Is there a way to have data from one sheet auto update the start & finish date within a schedule?

I have built a schedule with proposed start/ finish dates (which are driving the Gantt) as well as a column for the actual start/ finish dates. I can link the actual columns to the data sheet where teammates are inputting their actuals, but those columns do not drive the Gantt chart to show if any lag has occurred. I am trying to keep the schedule to a limited group for access that s why I am not having teammates update directly in the schedule sheet, but also have real time updates without having to manually change dates in the schedule myself. Any suggestions?

Answers

• Mike TV
    Mike TV ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Candace J

Sorry, I'm not entirely sure if I follow the question. You don't want to give access to the team to allow them to update their actual completion dates for their tasks but you don't want to have to manually do it yourself. Is there a reason you don't want them to have access to the sheet? Is there information on it that they shouldn't be seeing or are you afraid of them updating the wrong thing?

I guess you could create a separate sheet which has all of the tasks listed, a column for finish date, and a contact column to list who's responsible for each task. They can make their updates there. You can probably even set that sheet up with a report so that only the person in the contact column can see rows assigned to them. Then you can index/match the actual finish date into your project sheet.