Sign in to submit new ideas and vote
Get Started

New feature to track, monitor and manage all notifications that are being sent out via Automations

Options

New feature to track, monitor and manage all notifications that are being sent out via Automations.

Goal: To check and audit that we aren’t sending too many notifications to people, and verify that people we think are getting notified are actually being sent alerts.

Tags:
50 votes

On Wishlist · Last Updated

Great idea! While it's not a part of our current plan, our team is thinking about how we can help you monitor/track sent notifications. This idea mentions automations specifically, but we think this might be applicable to all notifications. When we believe we can make this idea a reality, we'll plan to update the status here.

Comments

• Alexander Orsini
    Options

This is a great suggestion and one we really need. A dashboard of notifications is critical to understand the se tof information Smartsheet is generating and sending to our users.

• Kari G
    Kari G ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I would love to have a report of who gets which notifications. This would be super helpful if an employee leaves, it would tell me exactly which notifications/workflows need to be updated. I know there is an email that goes out if a workflow becomes invalid, but not all workflows get used everyday, and I would like to be able to update them all at the time the employee leaves.

• Sheryl P
    Sheryl P ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

The Notification states at the bottom you are receiving this email because you are subscribed to a workflow "Workflow name" ( ID#xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx )on sheet "Sheet Name" - I have seen the sheet "saved as new" to a different workspace or folder and the workflow/automation is also copied, and not disabled ... It is very difficult to trace where the notification is coming from. Will the proposed dashboard help address when this situation happens?

I am aware there are options to include automations when you "Save as New" - but not everyone realizes that they could be creating a second notification, and I have had trouble finding where it came from.

Any tool to help monitor, audit, manage activity would be helpful. Who will have access to this dashboard - how will that be managed?

• Dental
    Dental ✭✭
    Options

It would be a great help to have a report of all notifications/automations:

How they're structured

Details of delivery dates/times

Triggers

Conditions

To whom

EVERYthing that is designed in the notification

• 100% This is necessary - currently we are getting around it by sending a copy of the alert to our generic inbox as part of the automation workflow but it is really not ideal. Even a function to add a copy of the alert to row would be very helpful.

• C.Beaudoin
    C.Beaudoin ✭✭✭
    Options

@rachel.falconer I never thought of sending a notification to a generic inbox as a way to get around it.

I was just at a user conference and the Smartsheet staff seemed like they are well aware of this issue. Fingers crossed!