Improved update and approval request emails now generally available

Options
Lekshmi Unnithan
Lekshmi Unnithan Employee
edited 02/13/23 in Product Announcements

Hi Community, 

You now have access to the new and improved update and approval request emails! 

The new update and approval request emails are more effective because they are easily scannable, provide more context to the reader, and better clarify the actions to be taken. This will help users complete Smartsheet update and approval requests faster and more accurately. Please note: With this change, we will only show sheet links to email recipients that have access to the sheet. Other recipients will not see the link.

This new update is available to licensed users on all plan types.

Learn more about update requests and approval requests in Smartsheet.

You can also stay informed by Subscribe to receive product release updates for curated news of recently released product capabilities and enhancements for the platform of your choosing, delivered to your inbox. As new releases occur, you will receive a daily email with news of what's released. (Emails will only send daily, Monday-Friday, as new releases are available).

Cheers,

Allegra Silcox and Lekshmi Unnithan

Senior Product Marketing Managers

Product Screenshots:

Best Answer

• Lekshmi Unnithan
    Lekshmi Unnithan Employee
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello Community,

It was brought to our attention that the sheet name and workflow ID associated with the update or approval requests were removed with this change. We have added the sheet name and workflow ID back to the footer of the email.

Thanks,

The Smartsheet team

Answers

• Sylvia_bilh
    Options

Can the "Open Request" button please be changed so it's more visible? It's blue text on blue background so the button isn't obvious anymore.

Can it be changed back to the other format? I think the last format was actually better

• Samantha Ouk
    Samantha Ouk ✭✭
    edited 01/23/23
    Options

Please revert this back. We need the 15+ fields to be made available to us in the email notifications. How can this "better clarify the actions to be taken" when we're missing key fields that help us quickly decide on the fly.

• Lorraine Stevens
    Lorraine Stevens ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I agree with the above comments. This appears to be a step back in providing seamless context for our email recipients. Please reply with recommendations on how we can revert to the previous format asap.

• PhilD
    PhilD ✭✭
    Options

This change has ruined a number of update functions we utilize. When will the patch to revert back to the old method be available. Seems like a switch in the workflow for condensed / non condensed would solve this. However a major change like this without the option should have never taken place. This ruins the ability to quickly copy info in an email and forward information. This is a step backward in ease of use and it seems like no thought went into it.

• Adrian Mandile CHESS
    Adrian Mandile CHESS ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @Lekshmi Unnithan,

I agree with a lot of the comments above – product release updates shouldn't take us backwards!

With the new 'through the magic of Smartsheet' footer, we have lost the context for the automated notification, and a valuable clue when testing many automations in a Sheet. Please bring it back, or at least allow us a checkbox in the Automation settings to include the Automation Name in the notification or not.

• Jaime Ciabattoni
    Jaime Ciabattoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I agree with all the comments above. PLEASE revert this back to the old format, or at the very least, if someone selects "All Fields" in the workflow settings, it should show all the fields.

I also didn't notice the footer change and missing context referenced above but agree it should be added back!