Update Confirmation email limitations

MikeM7070
MikeM7070 ✭✭
edited 12/09/19 in Smartsheet Basics

Has anyone figured out a way to disable the update confirmation email that is sent following an update request? The email is confusing my user community because it links to a sheet they don't have access to. Is it possible to even change the text in the confirmation email to ask the team to ignore the link on the email? 

Comments

• Isaac Jose
    Isaac Jose Employee

Hello,

Thanks for your post! There isn't currently a way to disable the Update Confirmation email that is sent after filling out an Update Request, but you can submit a Product Enhancement Request with the quick link to the right. There also isn't a way to modify the text that appears in the email.

One potential workaround would be to blacklist emails from user@smartsheet.com which contain "Update Confirmation: " in the subject header. Alternatively, you can insert a locked column in your sheet with the text you'd like to display, then include this in the Update Request so that the Update Request confirmation includes this read-only column.

I hope this helps!

Isaac J

Smartsheet Support

• Great news! We now allow people to opt-in to receive this request confirmation rather than receiving it automatically every time. Read more in my Community Post.