Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

New Filter Options

Options
DianaDavila
DianaDavila ✭✭
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2016 Posts

I am so excited with this new addition of Filters.  My questions if you set a filter and schedule it to email from that filtered view will that filtered view be what is sent each time according to the schedule.   Example 

I have the sheet currently filtered for Last 7 days entries.  i have set it up to send to designated individuals every Tuesday.   So will this scheduled email only show this current filtered report? or the whole report.   My goal is for you to say the filtered view?  

Thanks Diana

Comments

• I would like to know the answ to this as well.  It seems logical that filter would stay unless you removed it.  Tony

• Benjamin Walker
    Benjamin Walker Employee
    edited 09/26/16
    Options

Filters look like they a personal setting applied only to the person who enables them.

• J. Craig Williams
    J. Craig Williams ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

When you create the filter, there is a "share" check box.

I think that makes it public but have not tested it yet.

Craig

• Shaine Greenwood
    Options

Hello All—

The PDF/Excel file generated when you send a sheet as an email attachment is based off of your most recent save on the sheet. If you created the Send as Attachment schedule, and you have saved the sheet with a filter applied, the Send as Attachment email will contain the filtered view.

If you remove the filter and then save again, the next Send as Attachment will contain all of the sheet data.

The trick is to keep the filter applied before you save last.

• Benjamin Walker
    Options

@Craig

Sharing the filter means it will be in the users Filter menu, but it does not auto apply it.

• Tony C
    Tony C ✭✭
    Options

Dig the new filters. I see you can filter by row but can you apply these new filters by columns also? For example I manage reports and proposals in one sheet.  Reports related rows have 3 unique columns, proposals have 5 unique columns and both share 10.  

Question, how do i have my new filter for Proposals show a total of 15 columns and my filter for reports show a total of 13 columns? 

This discussion has been closed.