Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Count Rows from a report, not sheet

2»

Comments

• Has anyone come up with a workaround for this. I'm finding a report I generated to be completely useless since I can't even create a function that counts the rows in this view. Any progress on this feature Travis? 

• EEGordon
    EEGordon ✭✭✭

Another vote for this as well. It would be very useful to use as a dashboard metric. As of now the only "work around" I've found was a very long and complicated countif formula...

• John C
    John C ✭✭✭✭

For what it's worth, our organization would also benefit from the ability to count on reports.

• Please add my vote as well!

Thanks!

• I agree with this request.  Creating a separate metric row to count all of the critera is time consuming and doesn't always work as a 1 to 1 comparison.  Is there at least a way to count the filtered rows of a sheet because isn't a report just a filtered view from a grid?

• Hi Travis,

This post was over a year ago, but function still unavailable.

Is this likely to be developed in the future?

Or is there are work around that allows us to be able to COUNTIF including a rule from another column, like the data collated in the report?

I'd like to be able to COUNTIF the data from column F, but only count the cells if column C has 'Denmark' in for example.

Thanks

• The logic/formula is already there, not sure why smartsheet can't open it up to let us use it? When you click on a column in a report a count pops up on the right bottom corner.  It would seem to be so simple to import that function in to a dashboard metric.   Any progress with this development request?

Capture_5.JPG

• I would also benefit from this.  Would appreciate at least an update on this in demand request.

• I would also like this feature to be added. Really missing out on this with my organization's dashboards.

This discussion has been closed.