Pull Data from Master sheet to another sheet

Hello,

I have a master vendor list sheet that contains a checkbox column for vendor type.  I would like to create a new sheet that pulls over just the vendors that have the vendor type column checked.  I need a separate sheet so I can use it for widget in my dashboard.  I don't want to filter or sort the main master vendor list.  Does anyone have suggestions on how to go about doing this?

I appreciate any assistance.

Miki

Comments

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Have you looked at creating a Report?

thinkspi.com

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi Miki,

It sounds to me like a report would work for your use case or connecting the sheets with cross-sheet formulas or cell-linking.

Would any of those methods work?

I hope that helps!

Have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå

Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

work-bold

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E: [email protected] | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me about help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or something else entirely.

• Yes, I need to work with the data to build a dashboard and using a report has it limitations.  For example I can't use the metric widget from a report.

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Ok. How many vendors do you have, and how frequently does the number of checked off vendors change?

thinkspi.com

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Also... What is the purpose behind specifically using a Metrics widget on the dashboard?

thinkspi.com

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

To add:

Another option might be to use the third-party service, Zapier, to copy the information to the other sheet.

Is that an option?

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E: [email protected] | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me about help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or something else entirely.