Is there a way I could place an acknowledgement check box on my form

Options

Hello,

I am looking for some suggestions on how to do an acknowledgement check box (example: I acknowledge that I have read and understood...) before submitting the sheet. I also need to know how to place the "rules" as a link. A perfect example is when I go to smartsheet...

Thank you for all your help!

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @Melanie Woods

How would you use it? What are the different scenarios?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Melanie Woods
    Options

We have rules for submission of requests (example: 2 week minimum leadtime before their requests may be fulfilled), I want the requestor to acknowledge that he/she has read the rules before submission of the form. Requestors may be outside of our organization, so I also need for them to understand that there are rules before submission.

Thank you again.

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Melanie Woods

I hope you're well and safe!

Excuse the late response.

Crazy times and I missed coming back to you.

Have you solved it, or do you still need help?

Happy New Year & Stay safe!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Ali Haider
    Options

@Andrée Starå 

I need your help for the same. we need to create an acknowledgement form on Smartsheet for handover the company assets to staff. Can you please help me for this ?

e.g. we have handing over one latop, one mobile, and one internet device to staff. how can we create the acknowledgment form for that ?

We have to mention the SSO, Name of Employee, Title, Asset Description, Asset Quantity and date of handover on that form.

Regards,

Ali Haider

• Sarah Brelage
    Sarah Brelage ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Ali,

Have you solved this or received any suggestions? I have a similar issue in that I need to create a workflow to capture an acknowledgement. I don't need someone to APPROVE or DECLINE just to acknowledge.

Thanks,

Sarah Brelage

• Melanie Woods
    Options

I placed the paragraph of what I wanted them to read within the form and I just asked for them to acknowledge that they have read the paragraph. I then placed a "required field" checkbox. They cannot submit until acknowledge. I hope this helps you.