Report sort order

Options
YBerkovich
edited 12/09/19 in Smartsheet Basics

I have a report, linked to a sheet that I'm struggling with the report sorting. 

Within the sheet, I have rows numbered by a category type, and sorted within each category. The corresponding report is not reflecting the same sort at the sheet. I have re-loaded the sheet, refreshed, signed-off/on and still no luck getting the report to show the sort the same as the sheet. I am concerned that my only option is to add another numbering column within each category, to see the sort.

Any ideas how to solve this?

Thanks.

Comments

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi,

Have you selected in the Report Builder how you'd want it sorted?

Have a fantastic weekend!

Best,

Andrée Starå

Workflow Consultant @ Get Done Consulting

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Alejandra
    Alejandra Employee
    Options

Hello,

If the column you're sorting by is a dropdown list column, you may see different results because a sheet will sort dropdown values by the order in which they exist in the dropdown menu, whereas a report will sort these values alphanumerically.

If you're still having trouble with the sorting results, please feel free to submit a support ticket here: https://help.smartsheet.com/contact

• katfooddfw
    katfooddfw ✭✭✭✭
    Options

This is a problem for us, too. I've submitted an enhancement request.

@YBerkovich a possible work around is to number your dropdown list. That works for us but you have to be sure to do it on the outset, otherwise you have to manually make the change to each row.

• Kerron Mitchell
    Options

I have the same issue. I have a days-of-the-week report that I want to show as 1- Monday, 2 - Tues, 3-Wed, etc. I have added a 1,2,3,4,5 in front of the days of the week, I have also tried, "A,B,C,D,E" and Smartsheet still sorts by however it is wanting, but NOT in order. This seems like a simple thing, but it is not working. Any ideas would be appreciated.