Sign in to submit new ideas and vote
Get Started

Bulk Delete/Deactivate Users

Options

Add the ability to delete or deactivate many users at the same time. Currently this has to be done one by one so this feature would save a lot of time.

18 votes

Idea Submitted · Last Updated

Comments

• ker9
    ker9 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 01/04/23
    Options

We have interns come in, sometimes a group of 60 and they all exit at the same time. I agree that bulk delete would help but I can see that the problem would be with transferring the leftovers. Perhaps a bulk select & delete would ignore those that own anything and flags them in some way. (Possibly an option to bulk transfer to one person if appropriate.)

• Jeff Reisman
    Jeff Reisman ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Ty Hickman I agree this would be a nice feature.

In the meantime, if you have API Access on an Enterprise account and are a System Admin, you can do this relatively easily using free apps like Postman. The Smartsheet API guide section for deactivating users is here: https://smartsheet.redoc.ly/tag/users#operation/deactivate-user

Regards,

Jeff Reisman

Link: Smartsheet Functions Help Pages Link: Smartsheet Formula Error Messages

If my answer helped solve your issue, please mark it as accepted so that other users can find it later. Thanks!

• Carlos Trani
    Options

Please add the functionality of deleting pending accounts and deactivating active accounts in bulk. This will immensely help when company changes contractors' agencies or when the company has a big turnaround.

• Vijay Singh
    Vijay Singh ✭✭
    edited 08/01/23
    Options

If Azure AD integration is being used for large organizations it becomes too much of a task to deactivate users leaving the organization one by one. It is a MUST HAVE feature for medium to large organizations.

• Edward_VMLYR
    Options

The admin capabilities of Smartsheet have been very lacking for years. As our companies grow and further adopt, we are experiencing greater admin tasks and time to manage things that should be available.

Bulk removal of access.

Bulk Deletion of accounts,

Bulk transfer of sheet ownership.

Sunsetting the ALA program only to offer it as a $80,000 a year up-charge of a TAM is insulting and akin to extortion.

• jeaksua
    jeaksua ✭✭
    Options

Especially for free accts that don't own any sheets. This was a functionality at one point.

• kgahm7569
    kgahm7569 ✭✭✭
    Options

This doesn't make sense that (a) a feature that was available is removed without any reason and that (b) an advanced system like Smartsheet would not realize that the Administrative Responsibility of corporations would need a feature that would allow bulk.

Large organizations typically exit and/or hire and/or make change typically in bulk, not 1 by 1. Therefore, now you're telling me that while I could do something originally monthly in bulk which might take less than 5 minutes will now require me to check daily, weekly or spend at least 30 minutes -

I'm not sure how many "votes" it takes, but this honestly seems like a no brainer and a feature that should be returned ASAP.