Can we limit customer appointment dates and times to avoid overbooking?

Options
Ethan Young
Ethan Young ✭✭
edited 11/16/23 in Smartsheet Basics

Our team has been using a Smartsheet request form that enables customers request furniture donations from partnered warehouses. The warehouses are only able to accept 1 pickup per hour and 4 pickups per day. Is there a way to limit appointment dates and times to avoid overbooking dates and time slots?

Answers

• jmyzk_cloudsmart_jp
    jmyzk_cloudsmart_jp ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @Ethan Young

I created a demo solution based on your description.

1. Below, a dashboard shows the availability of the next 14 days.
    2. Looking at the availability table, a user can add a reservation by clicking the link in the Pickup Reservation column.
    3. The link opens a form with prefilled information, as shown in the second image.
    4. When the user fills out the form, checking the time slot yet to be checked, the information goes to another sheet.
    5. As the availability table is linked to the second sheet, the newly added reservation will be reflected after refreshing the dashboard. (You may have to refresh the dashboard a couple of times.)
    6. If the reservation reaches a day's pickup limit, currently set at 4, the Left will become zero, and the Pickup Reservation link will disappear to prevent overbooking.

Please check how the solution works by clicking the published demo dashboard's link below. (You can click the links and check how the solution works.)

If you need a copy of this solution, please get in touch with me (demo@cloudsmart.jp)

prefilled form example

If I click the Day 3 link, a form like this will pop up with the date, days of the week, and existing reservation selection.

Information on how this works