Sign in to submit new ideas and vote
Get Started

Control Center - Global Update for Conditional Formatting

Options

We would love to have the capability to push new conditional formatting using global update for provisioned project sheets. We have over 200 projects and whenever we get new ask for new conditional formatting (since things change all the time), it's a huge manual hours to go through and update each provisioned project with conditional formatting on source sheets.

49 votes

On Radar · Last Updated

While updating conditional formatting through global updates is not part of our current plan, we appreciate you sharing this idea! Please keep commenting to explain your specific use case as we gather more information – your feedback plays a big role in shaping our decisions for the future.

Comments

• jessica.smith
    jessica.smith ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Yes, please add this feature. Such a time sink!

• Joe Goetschel
    Joe Goetschel ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Need it!!!

Joe Goetschel | Smartsheet Director | SCS CLOUD - Smartsheet Partner

joe.goetschel@scscloud.com

Save My Contact

"The only real limitation of Smartsheet is the level of effort required to achieve your goal."

• Jennifer Sloane
    Options

It's disappointing that this isn't on the horizon. If someone wants new conditional formatting or to change any conditional formatting across all projects - say, that everything with a due date in the past gets red text and we need to change it so that it only turns red if it's 3 days overdue - then we have to manually add this condition to every. single. project. sheet. from. scratch. that is several DAYS worth of work across all the sheets we use. being able to push out conditional formatting globally or to all sheets in a given folder or workspace would allow us to move ahead in about 5 minutes.

• Tim Starkey
    Tim Starkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Big upvote from me on this. In general, I would love to see more "control" in control center. In theory, anything we can set in a sheet, would like to be able to adjust it in control center.

• Conditional formatting
    • Base formatting (by column)
    • Have it work with sheet summary fields
    • Sheet automations / notifications

Anything that gets changed in the template and needs to be pushed out to all the provisioned projects. It would be awesome.

Here are some other posts addressing the gaps in CC ability to format/update sheets:

Control Center Global Update and adding a new external reference — Smartsheet Community

SCC Global Update - Add number formatting — Smartsheet Community

Control Center: Allow word wrap as a column option — Smartsheet Community

TBH, I have quite a few updates I would like to push out through CC, but have been holding off knowing that there will be gaps in what it can do, and there will be a lot of post push cleanup.

• Jamie K
    Jamie K ✭✭
    Options

Yes we definitely need this!

• SashaZ
    SashaZ ✭✭✭
    Options

Definitely need conditional formatting as a possibility for global updates.

• LauraD
    LauraD ✭✭
    Options

This!!! We use formatting to help indicate where information should be entered or where it is not needed. Updating each sheet takes forever!

• Sherry Fox
    Sherry Fox ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I agree, this is a major need, and as part of the Enterprise package. I do not want to see a feature like this as part of the Premium packages. My company does not have the premium packages, so that means I am the one that does all the manual updates.

Sherry Fox

Business System Data Analyst

Del-Air Heating, Air Conditioning, Plumbing and Electrical

EAP | Mobilizer | Automagician | Superstar | Community Champion

https://www.linkedin.com/in/sherryfox/

• JUST PJM
    JUST PJM ✭✭✭
    edited 05/23/24
    Options

This is an essential feature we would love to have in control center. If there are many projects it takes a lot of time especially as setting conditional formatting (sometimes multiple per sheet!). Updating conditional formatting is one of most time consuming activities. Control Center's essential feature is to reduce maintenance efforts on a portfolio level. So I am wondering that this is not yet part of the package. Definitely a must have requirements compared to new released features like AI, dashboard coloring, etc… A must have vote from my side. Thanks to the Smartteam product management for considering any implementation. To everybody that is using Control center→ Please vote for this feature