OneNote integration in Smartsheet
Based on a suggestion I read on this board, I am posting a product enhancement request I just submitted for the community to see.
OneNote integration in Smartsheet to easily paste in a link to a OneNote page/paragraph/section/section group in one click, and then designate whether to open in the OneNote desktop version or web app.
- Internal use for projects. I want to be able to include a link in a task column in a project sheet to a OneNote page (or other destination) for internal projects to improve collaboration so users can easily access them and view/add content. The link should open desktop OneNote which is in widespread use in our organization. So far I have found no way to do this.
- External use for clients. We're going to use Smartsheet for project management of new client onboarding to our software. I want to be able to provide the client with help/information by including a link on every relevant client-responsible task in the project sheet. Clients will see their responsible tasks in a dashboard. I'm undecided, but thinking it may be cleanest to use OneNote Online for this as it is also browser-based like Smartsheet, and their access will be view-only. I have a workaround, but it's 6 steps This is a problem when I'm pasting links into a long list of tasks.
- Right-click on desired page in page link, and select Copy Link to Page.
- Paste to Notepad++
- Manually select the first of the two links that were pasted in.
- Right-click and select Copy.
- In desired cell of Smartsheet task, right click and select Hyperlink.
- Paste link into Hyperlink dialog.