Formulas

Discussion List

• PLANNED VERSUS ACTUAL PROGRESS
    In Archived 2015 Posts
    hi,   is there a way that i can see the planned versus actual progress of the project ? baseline versus actual?   thanks.
    1711 6
    Closed 1.7K views 6 comments Most recent by JamesR Archived 2015 Posts
  • Difference in Days between Projected & Actual Start Dates/ End Dates?
    In Archived 2016 Posts
    My managers want a column that calculates number of work days (Mon. - Fri) between Projected Start Date and Actual Start Date. Example: Projected Start Date (in Column A): 09/01/16. Actual Start Date (in Column C): 09/09/16. Difference in …
    98 1
    Closed 98 views 1 comment Most recent by George Heckert Archived 2016 Posts
  • Using a formula =CONTACT wont populate actual contact info subtasks
    In Archived 2016 Posts
    Help! At the top of my projects, I am including the resources involved.  I'd like for subtasks to be auto-populated when I fill in a resource.  Example: in my resources section, I set the HL7 Engineer to Joe Downing.  I have it set so all …
    3 1
    Closed 3 views 1 comment Most recent by JamesR Archived 2016 Posts
  • Web forms and formulas
    In Archived 2016 Posts
    Good afternoon, I have a simple sheet for a balance sheet, and I'm needing to know if there's a way for the web form submission to be included in the formula in my sheet. The last row & column of the sheet houses the formula from p…
    26 1
    Closed 26 views 1 comment Most recent by Kennedy Stomps Archived 2016 Posts
  • Timestamping comments
    In Archived 2016 Posts
    Hi   Does anyone know if there is a way to time stamp any comments placed into a sheet?  I know you can always look at the history of the cell but I was wondering if there was any way that the date would automatically be placed in the ce…
    94 8
    Closed 94 views 8 comments Most recent by Kennedy Stomps Archived 2016 Posts
  • Need help making a COUNTIFS NOT formula
    In Archived 2016 Posts
    Hi there - I want to count how many times column A shows Katie and Column B does NOT show "Completed" looking at a range of rows - I have no idea how to make that happen :(   I can do the COUNTIFS over and over again for all th…
    849 2
    Closed 849 views 2 comments Most recent by Katie D Archived 2016 Posts
  • Result look up
    In Archived 2016 Posts
    Hi,   I am a beginer at using Smartsheet however have been successful to date in creating a workable module for my sales team, however, within one of my module sheets I have a list sales attributed to sales staff which uses a Decision dr…
    11 2
    Closed 11 views 2 comments Most recent by Tony Davidson - SmartSheet Certified User 2016 Archived 2016 Posts
  • Count children rows only if items are not marked complete
    In Archived 2016 Posts
    I have a parent with 22 children. I can use a simple formula to calculate the total number of children ="Site-Wide" + " (" + COUNT(CHILDREN()) + ")"   What if I only want to count the children that haven't b…
    37 1
    Closed 37 views 1 comment Most recent by Reema Hussain Archived 2016 Posts
  • sorting by row ID
    In Archived 2016 Posts
    Dear Smartsheet users Community members,    can someone answer to my pretty basic question. i have a challenge to sort the table back to initial order per Row ID (1,2,3,4,5,6,7....) after sorting based on some other column info (e.g. dat…
    58 2
    Closed 58 views 2 comments Most recent by Zafar Yuldashev Archived 2016 Posts
  • Time Function
    In Archived 2015 Posts
    Imported an Excel sheet that calculates end times for tasks as a start for a Smartsheet.  The intent is that we give a start time for the day, number of appointments needed and it builds a schedule, which I can then link with other Smartsh…
    188 3
    Closed 188 views 3 comments Most recent by Mariana Archived 2015 Posts