Sign in to submit new ideas and vote
Get Started

Send Dashboard via email - manually and automated workflow

Options

Comments

• Hsantos
    Hsantos ✭✭✭
    Options

Hi, has this been resolved? I just want to share my work around/solution. I was able to accomplish this by establishing a workflow in a sheet. My goal is to provide the dashboard to the Stakeholders whenever there's new update.

utilized the workflow in the PMO sheet to prompt project managers for regular project updates

automation triggers an alert specifically when a new date value is added by the project managers

Workflow then sends email notifications to stakeholders

within the body of the email I included the dashboard link

• TomG
    TomG ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi,

As far as I know, it remains a roadmap item. Smartsheet does not provide any guidance on dates, so the best suggestion I have would be to get as many folks as possible to vote this up. The more upvotes, the more likely it is to get delivered.

I did have a detailed requirements review with the development team a awhile ago and it was very productive. They had thought of some really cool things beyond what I had specifically identified and I think this will be a great feature when it comes.

For my users and from what I've heard many others face the same challenge. Sending an email with a link is much less effective than if the information is included in the email. But cuting and pasting an image of the dashboard renders any embedded links useless, so that is not a good solution either and requires manual work anyway.

I'm still hopeful that we'll see this sometime soon, but as you can tell this has been on the roadmap for awhile already.

• Gavin Worsley
    Options

Is this automated dashboard ready yet? I come here regularly to look for it....

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 12/20/23
    Options

Hi @Gavin Worsley

I hope you're well and safe!

Unfortunately, no, but it's still an excellent idea! It's on the roadmap, so it will be announced when it is released. Let's hope for early next year.

To add your vote! Please submit this as a Product Feedback or Idea (If it hasn't been added already) when you have a moment.

I hope that helps!

Have a fantastic week & Happy Holidays!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• TomG
    TomG ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @Gavin Worsley ,

Still just a roadmap item, although I eagerly await it being available. In addition to the suggestion from @Andrée Starå , the best action to take would bve get as many users as possible to continue voting this up. The higher that count goes, the more likely we are to see it.

If the actual feature is anything close to the prototype, it is going to make a lot of users very happy and save us a lot of time to put towards doing even more cool things with Smartsheet. 😊

• Rajeev
    Rajeev ✭✭
    Options

This is a great idea. I would also want the snapshot to be posted as an image into my slack channel or to be sent to key leaders on slack (apart from email).

• TomG
    TomG ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @Rajeev , thanks for your support! Please encourage others who would like this capability to Vote it up. The great the number of folks asking will help us all get it sooner. 😀

• Jo McEvoy
    Jo McEvoy ✭✭✭
    Options

Does anyone know why the email link option is no longer available from the Share button on a dashboard? See attached jpg. We used to send updates out via this method. Now we can only send out emails from sheets, NOT the dashboard. thx!!

• TomG
    TomG ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @Jo McEvoy - I think they just updated the window to be a button. When I look at the menu, I see the button highlighted by the red box in the attached image. If you have not voted up this thread, please do so and get as many of your Smartsheet friends as possible to do the same thing. It would make it even easier for you to send Dashboard information out to your stakeholders!

• Jo McEvoy
    Jo McEvoy ✭✭✭
    Options

Hi TomG, yes - thanks, I had tried that but it just gives me a link to the dashboard which we'd have to paste into an email and send as an email. We've always been able to send an email directly (from that box above) to the shared team and type in a message along with the link to the dash.

• TomG
    TomG ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Jo McEvoy

Hi Jo, if you click on the blue arrow next to "Customize Message" does that give you the view and capability you're looking for? If no, I would suggest opening a ticket with Smartsheet support. It might get you a faster answer. 🙂

• Jo McEvoy
    Jo McEvoy ✭✭✭
    Options

that might work! it's a bit bumpy but it may do the trick. thanks!!!

• Jo McEvoy
    Jo McEvoy ✭✭✭
    Options

FYI, that Customize Message is for when you first share the workspace. After that it won't send a message to the entire teams. It was a good thought though.

• Jeanette Brown
    Options

Yes, this would be a great feature. I must create workaround automation in sheets to send status dashboards on schedule. I would be thrilled to have it come from the dashboards and portals

• TomG
    TomG ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Thanks @Jeanette Brown, please encourage as many other folks as possible to come and add to the Vote Up total. The more vote ups, the sooner we'll see it. 🙂 We're seeing more traction in our organization for using dashboards, so our need for this just keeps growing.

Thanks for your support and hope you have a great day!