How do I send project leads a sheet based on the type of project?

Using an intake sheet, I would like project leads to receive one of three project plans (A3, DMAIC, KAIZEN) based on their form selection. How do I set up the Blueprint to do this? Thank you!

Answers

• Mike TV
    Mike TV ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@robdog151

The form will be adding a new row to the sheet each time the user submits the form. So you create an automation with a trigger of new row being added. You'll have a column on the sheet with a URL link to each of the project plans. In the automation, you'll create a condition that if form selection is x then send y project plan. You'll need to set up an automation for each form selection possibility with what it should send them.

• Hi Mike, thanks for the fast response! Just checking my understanding: Currently, Control Center sends the Project Link. Are you recommending I create a new column connected to a project plan template? Thank you for the added info!

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭

In Control Center, you would need to set up three different blueprints. You can then include an indicator column such as a dropdown that can either be manually selected by the person filling out the form or automated through a formula or change cell automation (whichever works best for you). You would then include this dropdown in the blueprint builder as part of the condition for provisioning.

• Mike TV
    Mike TV ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@robdog151

Ah nice. Even better. It looks like you already have your Project Plans in a link on your sheet. So no need to add anything else. Just create your automation with the condition that would warrant "Test 7 - Project Plans" to be what they would receive and make sure the Project Link column is being sent to the receiver. Then they'll get the correct one. Should work pretty well.

• Mike TV
    Mike TV ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Oh, I don't know what Control Center is. So listen to Paul instead of me.

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Mike TV Hahaha. Control Center is an extremely powerful tool that can automate quite a bit in Smartsheet when rolling out project plans at scale. It automatically creates a link to the project and puts it in your Summary and/or Intake sheet as well as automatically creating cell links to each project's metrics sheet to make pulling program/portfolio level metrics a breeze. Control Center and Dynamic View are the two add-ons I use the most with my clients.

• Mike TV
    Mike TV ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Paul Newcome

We haven't used project sheets yet at my company. I put something together to use Gannt chart project sheets to track packaging tasks with ordering of packaging supplies needed to complete a project but nobody adopted it and started using it. So we don't really have a use for Control Center yet I don't think. We do use Dynamic View a good bit though.

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Mike TV Totally unacceptable. Do you have any friends in IT that could sabotage the existing process so that they are forced to adopt Smartsheet? 🤣