Bridge

Mark Ryan
Mark Ryan Overachievers
edited 01/31/23 in Add Ons and Integrations

Hi,

I've just gotten access to the Bridge connector, and one question/request that I have is related to the Smartsheet/Resource Management integration.

I have a PTO Smartsheet to track holiday requests, with an approval workflow associated with it. Currently, when the assigned manager approves the leave, an automated email then gets sent to notify that a sync of the Smartsheet data to Resource Management is required. What I would like to happen is that Bridge can automate the refresh, so when the manager sets the status to approved, it will automatically trigger the refresh/push of data to Resource Management.

Is this something that is possible using Bridge?

Thanks,

Mark

Answers

• Ryan Sides
    Ryan Sides ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Mark Ryan

Hey Mark, You can certainly setup Bridge to detect the change in your sheet (approved), but what are you looking for it refresh/push in RM?

Have you had a look at this documentation?

I no longer have access to bridge to prototype this for you, but when I was with my last client, we created projects in RM through Bridge. It was a BEAST, but it can be done.

Developing something through the API is also an option. Here's the RM API docs

Ryan Sides

Smartsheet Tips and Tricks for Beginners and Advanced on LinkedIn and YouTube

Come Say Hello!

• Mark Ryan
    Mark Ryan Overachievers

Hi @Ryan Sides,

Thanks for that. Yes, I've been through that documentation and it certainly looks very powerful and a lot of great use cases can be covered. It is the refresh/sync from Smartsheet to Resource Management that i'm after.

So when a leave request is approved, that action automatically triggers the refresh/push of the data into Resource Management. Currently, after an approval I have to go into the Smartsheet, open the Resource Management panel and then click the sync button.

Thanks,

Mark