Can I add an attachment to an automation?

I want to specifically send out the same PDF file when an automation I have set up on the sheet is date triggered. However, I don't want to have to add that attachment to every single row.

Is there way to do that without attaching the file to 1700 rows?

Answers

• Mike TV
    Mike TV ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@BethWork

Would it work for you to store the PDF file on a Google Drive, share it with anyone who has the link, and then create a new column called something like "PDF File"? Then you can fill in the URL link to the file into that column. That way when your automation triggers to notify someone you can include that column in the notification where it will have the URL link to provide to the person in the notification email.

• BethWork
    BethWork ✭✭✭✭

@Mike TV Unfortunately, that won't be an option. The audience I'm sending this to doesn't have permissions to access files via Google (security locked on certain websites). I think you answered my question though that it would need to be attached to every row in order for it to send out using the automation within a Smartsheet. It's not a big deal, but I was hoping there was that capability.

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @BethWork

I hope you're well and safe!

To add to Mike's excellent advice/answer.

Another option could be to add the file to another sheet or Dashboard and include that link in each alert.

Would that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe, and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.