Self-Update Solution - Enabling [outside] users to edit previously submitted content

Options

If you host a set of records that "belong" to others, and you want them to be able to edit their records at any time, check out this dashboard as a seedbed of ideas for how you could achieve this.

Please suggest other wording I could edit into in this title or entry to help people find this. I'm doubtful "self-update" is the term everyone would use to discover this functionality.

Comments

• Cleversheet
    Cleversheet ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Arsineh, could you please check out the dashboard linked below and, if you think it has merit, help me find a way to share its benefits with others in the Community? I posted this over a month ago but it has zero hits, so obviously I've not used wording that catches people's eye. It may not be something people would often go looking for, but I'll bet it's something that, if they knew about it, they might well find useful.

Thanks.

• Ken A
    Ken A ✭✭✭
    Options

This is fantastic! Lack of users being able to go back to form and/or add additional details without the use of the lackluster update request function has been a perennial problem. I've investigated use of Dynamic View but that requires assigning individuals to access (I believe). *I saw yesterday's announcement regarding progressive form save but only for mobile app (which means folks have to download Smartsheet app and create a smartsheet account). Your "workaround" genuinely seems to bypass need for users to download apps, create a smartsheet account (even if free user). Your method allows confirmation/verification via email as well. Thanks for posting! *And who knows when Smartsheet will actually update the save/edit functionality (clearly sorely missed and sought after by the community).

• Cleversheet
    Cleversheet ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Thanks for the kudos, @Ken A . Wouldn't mind an Awesome vote. ;)

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!