How can I create an automation so the person filling out the form receives an automated email?

Options

Hello! I have an automation already set up so that I will get an email when someone fills out my form.

However I would like whoever completes the form to get an automated email saying "Thank you for your submission. We will respond within 3 business days."

Is this possible? Thank you!

Tags:

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @Kate Lesniak

I hope you're well and safe!

Have you set the form that they have to be logged in to see the form?

I hope that helps!

Be safe, and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Jacob H.
    Jacob H. ✭✭✭✭
    edited 02/06/23
    Options

Hi @Kate Lesniak,

Here

are a few routes you could take:

In the form settings you can allow submitter to email a copy of form submissions to the email they enter and have a custom email message.

Or if you have a predetermined contacts column, you can simply include that in your form and they can select their name. An automation can then be set up based on this input. You can also make it unrestricted, so those whose name isn't listed can enter their email.

If you have no way of having a list of contacts, you can just leave it empty and each submitter would enter their email address and an automation would then send an email to the address entered. See the image below.

There settings and permissions that will allow each one of the options and improve the process.