Can you have more than one Admin on WorkApps similar to Control Center?

Options

Currently I cannot find a help article or a way to add a user as an admin to my WorkApps. The only option I see is to Transfer Ownership. I need to be able to allow backup users to modify allowed users on our app. I know we can use Work Groups, but again, I only see the option to Trasnfer Ownership and not add an admin.

The only solution I see is to have this other user create a Work Group and add this Work Group to a Role on WorkApps. I understand this is not complex, but it really shouldn't be this dificult to allow somone else to allow users on a WorkApp.

Tags:

Answers

• Ipshita
    Ipshita ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @Emilio Wright Yes, it is possible to add more than one person as an Admin in the WorkApps. Once you have created the roles, just publish your workapp. Secondly, you can also save it (the entire workapps folder) under a different/common Workspace you have and then share the sheets as you normally would by assigning the permission levels. We use workapps all the time and I have assigned more than one Admin on the sheets.

Hope this helps.

Thank you,

Ipshita

Ipshita Mukherjee

• Emilio Wright
    Emilio Wright ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Ipshita I am not sure I follow what you are saying. I want to allow another user to make changes to the actual WorkApp, not just the sheets or reports that they can access inside the WorkApp. As the Owner of the WorkApp I can add Roles, change members, add pages, and so on. I want to allow someone else to do the same, but I cant figure this out.

• Ipshita
    Ipshita ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 02/08/23
    Options

@Emilio Wright Ah. I understand your question now. You are right, we do not have that capability as of now only and I think it's done to protect the sanctity of the data created in Workapps so that only one owner controls it. It's the same as being the owner of a workspace within Smartsheet, where you can only transfer the ownership to someone else. Have you tried with all the roles in Workapps and checked that no other role can do what you as an owner can? I have checked and found that when you add users to the "Project Manager" role, for example, in the Project Schedule template where you are the "Owner" allows the user to act exactly as the owner.

Let me know if that helps:)

Cheers!

Ipshita Mukherjee

• Emilio Wright
    Emilio Wright ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Ipshita Roles on WorkApps only allow members of those roles to view or not view pages. Having only one person be allowed to make changes to WorkApps is frightening to an org, meaning if this person is not in the office, then the changes just have to be done at a later time. Admins on Control Center have the same permissions as Owners, with just one or two limitations, but they can still take on the responsibility of managing the Program without having to bother the Owner. Similar to a sheet/report/dashboard.

• Ipshita
    Ipshita ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Emilio Wright Yeah, we don't have Control Center so I really can't comment on that but being a Smartsheet PM in my org, we have used all the amazing features of the software including WorkApps (that we have only used to create a project schedule or construction schedule and then moved the entire workapps as a folder over to a certain workspace and continued working on that plus the add-ons of Data Shuttle and Dynamic View to extract data from large internal and external databases as well as share and get updates from other teams/departments.

I hope someone can answer your question. Good luck!

Ipshita Mukherjee