Easiest way to "If...Then" when creating a new Resource Management project using Bridge

Options

I'm working on my very first workflow to create a new project in Resource Management each time a new row is added to the master Smartsheet project sheet. So far, the mapping is pretty easy. However, I have a couple of fields where my end user has said, "If the cell in Smartsheet has "X", put a "Y" in a related Resource Management project field. Otherwise, put a "Z" in the Resource Management field".

What's the easiest way to solve for this? I don't want to use a Conditional Junction as it seems like then I would need to duplicate my RM: Create Project integration with nearly identical settings (other than my condition). Ideally, I'd like to have one RM: Create Project integration and be able to conditionally populate the one field that could vary based on the value of the cell coming from Smartsheet.

Best Answer

• Kelly Moore
    Kelly Moore ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hey @ryanparmenter

If possible, build a helper column in smartsheet and run the IF/then from there. Then map that helper column instead of the original column in your Bridge/RM integration. The community could help you with the IF/THEN formula, if you need assistance.

Would that work for you?

Kelly

Answers

• Kelly Moore
    Kelly Moore ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hey @ryanparmenter

If possible, build a helper column in smartsheet and run the IF/then from there. Then map that helper column instead of the original column in your Bridge/RM integration. The community could help you with the IF/THEN formula, if you need assistance.

Would that work for you?

Kelly

• ryanparmenter
    Options

That should work, Kelly. I'll talk with my end user tomorrow about adding the placeholder column in the source sheet.

Thanks!!