Sign in to submit new ideas and vote
Get Started

Desktop App - dual monitors / dual windows open

Options

While the Desktop app is better than the web app, it lacks the capability of being as useful with multiple monitors like the Web app can. I use dual monitors while at work and I have a single super wide at home that makes using multiple sheets much easier to use.

9 votes

Available Now! · Last Updated

The desktop app now supports multi-window functionality! You can move a Smartsheet item in the desktop app to a new window by right-clicking the tab and selecting the “Move Tab to Another Window” drop-down option.

Comments

• Ken Armstrong
    Ken Armstrong ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I fully support this!!! I utilize four monitors when working and have a large amount of Smartsheet tabs open. To be honest I deleted the desktop app as soon as I noticed I could not have it open on multiple screens and went right back to the web app.

Ken Armstrong

Smartsheet Operations Analyst, Carelon Medical Benefits Management

Certified Smartsheet Administrator

Be Firm! Be Fair! Be Friendly! Be Honest!!!

• Nik Lutz
    Nik Lutz ✭✭✭
    Options

I still use it for the in-app tabs. Those I like a lot more then wasting chrome tab space. but I still have Samrtsheets open in a chrome tab on the second monitor.

• MattS345
    Options

The Smartsheet App is a great way to keep my work organized and stay focused on my tasks, but I've noticed a shortcoming in the App that would greatly improve my productivity. If it were possible to have two windows of the same app open with different pages running on two different screens. Since the desktop app doesn't currently have that ability, I find myself using the online version more. My boss would like everyone to be using the app but I find that this doesn't allow me to do work as quickly or efficiently as I'd like to be.

• Nik Lutz
    Nik Lutz ✭✭✭
    edited 05/09/23
    Options

Thanks for the comment, hopefully someone at SS is looking at these...?

• Kyle Chipman
    Kyle Chipman Overachievers
    Options

Shout outs to @Genevieve P. and the Smartsheet engineering team for building this functionality into the desktop app. Thank you!

• Makiko Joans
    Makiko Joans ✭✭✭✭
    Options