Unable to edit Blueprint in Control Center (I am Primary Lead)

Options
SteveC
SteveC ✭✭✭
edited 03/02/23 in Add Ons and Integrations

Hi All,

Hoping for some help that I have been unable to get from Smartsheet Support.

I am the primary lead of our Blueprint, but when I go to edit the blue print I can get through the Blueprint Basics tab all the way to Profile Data Selection and then the site freezes up. While the Blueprint and provisioning work flawlessly we are unable to update our Blueprint Summaries and Dynamic Scope Reports for some new information we want to report on.

I have tried this in Google Chrome (I get "the page stopped responding"), in Safari (I get a message that the page is using signifiant memory and then it reloads control center), and in the Smartsheet EAP App (it closes out the entire app).

Some insights. we run large annual projects and our Profile Data Selection includes 324 lines, and everything is writing as text, no cell links, but our meta data sheet is pretty extensive with around 3k rows.

Answers

• Matt Johnson
    Matt Johnson ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @SteveC

It's that 3k rows of meta data that's bogging the system down. This one might need a little more TLC than sharing screen shots.

How many projects have been created with this Blue Print and did your company build this Blue Print on your own?

I think the solution is to break up that meta data sheet into smaller sheets or come up with a way to track the information differently in a new Blue Print.

I'll be following this thread for sure.

Matt

Matt Johnson

Sevan Technology

Smartsheet Aligned Partner

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @SteveC

I hope you're well and safe!

By Meta Datasheet, do you mean the Summary sheet?

Be safe, and have a fantastic weekend!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• SteveC
    SteveC ✭✭✭
    Options

Hi Matt,

Unfortunately I think that you are right. We got some kick off help from the Smartsheet team, but for the most part we have built everything on our own. We have kicked off 92 projects so far, and honestly everything is working flawlessly as far as provisioning and overall performance, just not having any luck making updates to the blueprint (we are working on refining reporting at the moment)

I was hopeful that since we are only bringing in 234 lines from the intake sheet, that the additional 2,700 lines that are populating based off reporting for the project, or inputs in the project workflow wouldn't impact performance, but it appears that I was wrong. I am in the process of moving all reporting line items to separate roll-up sheets for each project (will probably end up divide in to 4 or 5 metrics type sheets), and then I think I will have to create multiple blueprint summary reports to aggregate all of that data together. Hopefully this will help, but also no looking forward to going back to changing this setup on the 92 existing projects, but there doesn't seem to be a way around it.

• SteveC
    SteveC ✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @Andrée Starå,

The Summary sheets don't seem to be having any issues. The issue appears to be coming from the Metadata sheet in our blueprint template that is feeding data from the intake sheet to the project and back out to the summary sheets for reporting. I will keep everyone updated as I continue to trouble shoot.