Sign in to submit new ideas and vote
Get Started

Bridge Workflow Error Notification

Options
jessica.smith
jessica.smith ✭✭✭✭✭

I'd like the option to detect errors and trigger a notification to myself when a Bridge Workflow stops.

This would be particularly useful when running a child workflow as the entire parent and all subsequent children workflows will stop running if an error occurs. It would be nice to know that I need to retrigger my parent workflow without having to constantly manually check the status.

Tags:
13 votes

Idea Submitted · Last Updated

Comments

• Filip Jevtic
    Options

Would it be possible to have "Stopped By Error" E-mail sent to the WorkFlow creator?

When flow was not competed, and status "Stopped" appears in Run Log - can we set that as trigger for E-mail to be sent to the flow creator that will inform him that the flow has failed?

• Peter Nawrocki
    Options

In scenarios involving numerous workflows and workspaces, the current Bridge Workflow system in Smartsheet presents a challenge. Specifically, when a workflow stops due to an error, this not only affects the immediate workflow but also has a cascading effect on related workflows. This is particularly problematic in complex systems where multiple workflows are interdependent.

The absence of an automated notification system to alert users when such stoppages occur results in the need for continuous manual monitoring. This requirement is particularly taxing in large-scale implementations, where keeping track of each workflow's status becomes a daunting task.

An enhancement in Smartsheet that addresses this issue, providing more robust monitoring capabilities for Bridge Workflows, would be of great value. It would not only improve the efficiency of managing large workflow systems but also significantly reduce the risk of unnoticed workflow interruptions.

Such a feature would be a great addition to Smartsheet, enhancing its utility and reliability for users managing extensive workflow systems.

Peter

• Samuel Mueller
    Samuel Mueller Overachievers
    edited 02/07/24
    Options

It would be nice to be able to send a notification to the bridge admins if a notification fails, or even better sent to a specific email address. For example, one of my workflows failed with this random error and I didn't know about it until someone told me something wasn't working.