Track DocuSign envelope status / Enable tracking column / This column name is already being used...

Options

Salutations all,

I'm trying to avoid creating multiple DocuSign tracking columns every time I generate>create and connect a new document to a different DocuSign envelope.

Surely I'm not the first one to encounter this issue, but extensive searches in community and web are not providing answers.

Yes, I know I could create a new column, hide it, and use formulas. Doesn't sound so bad for one or two more e-sign mapped documents. I'll have upwards of 20 or so and the sheet is already running slow with the 100+ columns. I pity the person after me trying to make sense of it all.

How can we utilise just one tracking column please?

Hope this helps and that you have a great day,

Jason Albrecht MBA, MBus(AppFin), DipFinMgt

LinkedIn profile - Open to work

Best Answer

• Julio S.
    Julio S. Moderator
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @Jason Albrecht ,

As you point out, at the moment, there is no other way to unify tracking columns from different Docusigns other than manually creating a Column formula that would roll-up each individually created one as required for each mapping. Would it be possible to have separate sheets and consolidate all sheets information in a Report to avoid performance issues?

When you have a moment, please submit your feature request to the Product team by signing in to the online Community (the Community uses your Smartsheet account to sign in) and create an Idea post in the Smartsheet Product Feedback and Ideas topic

Posting your enhancement in the Community will allow other Smartsheet users to see and vote on your idea! The top-voted posts in this category are reviewed monthly by the Product team and you'll receive an email notification if a status changes for a post you've created or voted on. 

Cheers!

Julio

Answers

• Julio S.
    Julio S. Moderator
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @Jason Albrecht ,

As you point out, at the moment, there is no other way to unify tracking columns from different Docusigns other than manually creating a Column formula that would roll-up each individually created one as required for each mapping. Would it be possible to have separate sheets and consolidate all sheets information in a Report to avoid performance issues?

When you have a moment, please submit your feature request to the Product team by signing in to the online Community (the Community uses your Smartsheet account to sign in) and create an Idea post in the Smartsheet Product Feedback and Ideas topic

Posting your enhancement in the Community will allow other Smartsheet users to see and vote on your idea! The top-voted posts in this category are reviewed monthly by the Product team and you'll receive an email notification if a status changes for a post you've created or voted on. 

Cheers!

Julio

• Jason Albrecht
    Jason Albrecht ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Thanks @Julio S.

I have submitted the Idea via the Product Feedback link provided.

Your idea of separating the sheets is an interesting one. If we were starting from scratch it's likely a good workaround, especially for auditing procedures for each document. My initial challenge with the idea is the additional work in reconnecting other workflows, reports and dashboards that already exist.

That said, thank you for replying to my question; it's food for though.

Have a great day,

Jason

Hope this helps and that you have a great day,

Jason Albrecht MBA, MBus(AppFin), DipFinMgt

LinkedIn profile - Open to work