April Question of the Month - Join the conversation and receive a badge

Options

Comments

• Shelli Foster
    Options

I'll be honest. I know nothing about it! But I've enjoyed reading the answers!

• Ken Armstrong
    Ken Armstrong ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I fully agree with @Kleerfyre in regards to a AI to assist in creating more advanced formulas. This would save me alot of time in trail and errors of formula creation!!

Ken Armstrong

Smartsheet Operations Analyst, Carelon Medical Benefits Management

Certified Smartsheet Administrator

Be Firm! Be Fair! Be Friendly! Be Honest!!!

• Rachel Martin
    Options

Welcome to all the newbies! I second @Alison Clancy's comment - so many great ideas!! Thank you all for sharing! 🤩

• Alison Clancy
    Alison Clancy Employee Admin
    Options

@Michelle Lempert We need a "laugh" reaction because that response just made me 😂

• Brooke Y
    Brooke Y ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I'm going to build on Jenn's comment as i would love to see generative AI give enhancement suggestions. When building a sheet it may say based on your columns or formulas, would you also like to do x? Provide report or dashboard options based on metrics and information captured in a sheet and showing an example. And if you accept the widget offer in the dashboard, it will create it for you.

I'd also like to see a ChatGPT to assist with Help functions. A lot of times I find the answers I need in the community or articles section, it just takes a while to get the right key words to find the needed information. ChatGPT could assist with narrowing down the information to find what users need or suggest solutions. This would increase the time it takes to find and answer and decrease the amount of help tickets coming in to Smartsheet.

• Randall Alberts CBRE
    Options

As a program manager I would like for the system to go through schedules and look at past due dates and then generate a report or email to me that would notify me so I can follow up with team members.

• Pam Ferguson
    Pam Ferguson Overachievers Alumni
    Options

I think it will help optimize business processes, giving you insight on the problems from a different perspective (without unconscious bias).

• Paul H
    Paul H ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I would like to see AI become the new Smartsheet Mobilizer/Real time template pack generator freeing up my time.

A Chat based AI where less experienced Smartsheet users can outline what they want to do in a real language conversation and the AI suggests a combinations of sheets, reports, dashboards, formula's and automation's.

• Anthony Favara
    Anthony Favara ✭✭✭
    edited 04/05/23
    Options

I'd like to see Generative AI suggest dashboard layout ideas or create a dashboard for an alternate means of navigating to sheets in a workspace for showcasing key project information.

• Matt Johnson
    Matt Johnson ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

How about, "Hey Smartsheet, please tell Alexa in the living room to tell my kids to quiet down out there; I'm on a call."

If you could implement this before summer break too, that'd be great. Thanks!

Matt Johnson

Sevan Technology

Smartsheet Aligned Partner

• John Wyldbore
    John Wyldbore ✭✭
    edited 04/05/23
    Options

Asking it for some examples of help with doing something and it prepopoluates what is asked. Or designs a dashboard with our data

• Darrin Eisenbarth
    Options

I would be very interested to see if AI could assist in the creation of Control Center templates or modifying control center documents post creation. There is a lot of tedious work, especially if the changes need to be applied across a large swath of documents.

• Jake Gustafson
    Jake Gustafson ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Having natural language filters for end users who may know the data and what they want, but don't know the specifics around the column names, operands, or syntax to get what they're looking for. Helping the end user be more efficient is always a struggle because they don't always ask for help/support or explanations on how a sheet was setup to benefit them.

This is an exciting new era. It'll be interesting to see where things go and how we can all leverage these new technologies to help ourselves and our customers (both internal and external).

Happy April (not Spring, because in Minnesota, we're still having intense blizzards) ☃️

• David Tutwiler
    David Tutwiler Overachievers Alumni
    Options

Thank you @Andria Hoyle for pushing me to get my comments in this month.

It is wild to me that ChatGPT, Bard, and all of the other generative AI engines are still in beta. They have already made such an impact that it is a bit scary to extrapolate out 2-3 years and think about what their capabilities might be. AI philosophy aside, the things I'd be interested to see Smartsheet/AI-ified would be:

• Improve support response times by having a generative AI chat bot perform the first level of support. Tie it into the status.smartsheet.com for outage notifications, and you'd probably find that most tier-1 support calls could be handled automatically
    • This one is a bit of a stretch, but you asked us to dream. Allow access to a workspace (or feed it information manually) and ask it to help you put together a business case/ROI for your next development project
    • Maybe the most powerful use case - Tie the AI to Brandfolder/Outfit for automatic, branded new content for marketing, sales, or business documentation

Those are just a few of the more feasible things I think it could do.

This discussion has been closed.