Replacing Cells when row is moved to another sheet?

Options

Here you will see my columns, and my archive (2nd sheet) is the same, i have an automation that basically says when the next recurring date has populated and it is -2 days old to move that over to my main sheet, and that is working for me.

My question is, is there an automation or a formula where when it is moved back to my main sheet that the date on Next Recurring Date, will now show up on date column, or will that be a manual update.

Best Answer

Answers

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I would suggest a helper column on the second sheet with a formula that checks a box when the move row automation is supposed to trigger. I would set up the move row automation to trigger off of this checkbox to ensure it is in fact checked before the row is moved.

From there you can set up a record a date automation on the working sheet to populate the date when a row is added and that helper box is checked.

• Genesia
    Genesia ✭✭
    Options

ok, @Paul Newcome, thank you, but I get what you are saying, but I think I am missing something. I have a helper column that is checked when a date has been reached, and when that date is reached it is moved to the 2nd sheet that I called archive. When it is moved to that 2nd sheet that will populate my next recurring date and then move it back to the 1st sheet which is fine, but do I need another helper column on the 2nd sheet to say when the next recurring date has been generated to now unchecked? That's where I'm stuck?

so as you can see the checkmark is checked because of my first sheet, so now that i have a recurring date it knows to move it back to the original sheet, but i want the checkbox to be unchecked when it is now on the 2nd sheet. I thought that i couldn't have a formula on the completed column because it is one on the main sheet.

I hope i am making sense.

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @Genesia

How about adding a Clear Cell Workflow to your second sheet when a row is added?

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!