Sign in to submit new ideas and vote
Get Started

Group Management - Sorting Contact List Alphabetically

Options
ker9
ker9 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Today it appears group lists are sorted by date added (can't really tell)? It is not sorted alphabetically, which would be more helpful.

9 votes

Idea Submitted · Last Updated

Comments

• ker9
    ker9 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Genevieve P.

Should I submit a ticket for this? The list of the people inside the group is not alpha order and there is no way to sort it.

Thank you.

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Options

Hi @ker9

You can sort Groups by name on the Group Management page by clicking on the arrow that appears to the right of the "Group Name" label:

In regards to the contacts within the group, I believe they're auto-sorted alphabetically ascending (meaning from Z - A instead of from A - Z). Would you like me to change the name of this Idea to reflect Sorting the contacts, instead of sorting the Group Names?

Cheers,

Genevieve

• ker9
    ker9 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @Genevieve P.

Yes, you may change the subject line. It is about sorting the contacts in the Group. The order makes no sense and can't be sorted. It would help if the order were at least alphabetical.

Thank you.

• Sue Hill
    Sue Hill ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Yes, frustrating that we cannot order the contacts in a group in alpha order.

• don_stolzoff_HD25
    Options

When you have large numbers of user email-addresses in a GROUP, it is very hard to maintain that list directly, because they are in entry sequence and NOT sorted in any manner.

Please create a feature that allows entries in a GROUP to be sequenced, at least in alphabetical order ( arranged in the order of the letters of the English alphabet ).

• ker9
    ker9 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Please fix this, it's basic system management to at least have it alphabetically and to be able to export the list to verify against a personnel list. I have a group with over 2000 names and another with over 500. I need better management tools.

• ker9
    ker9 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Still need this for better group management. In addition, now when you view who is in a group through the Sharing screen, those names are no longer alphabetical, but they used to be, so recently broken.

It's mind-boggling to me that simple user interface alphabetize is missing.

• MLPM
    Options

Upvoted this! Should be basic functionality in any table/list. This is a stupid workaround but I just highlight all the text of user names and pasted it into excel, then set up a filter to sort A to Z. At least I can look at them alphabetically that way…