Charts

Options
Liz_Snavely
Liz_Snavely ✭✭
edited 05/19/23 in Smartsheet Basics
  1. How do I remove the numbers on the left vertical of the chart?
  2. How do I insert text boxes along the horizontal axis to represent the years? I do have the years in my data, but for some reason, it's not being pulled in.

Answers

• Genevieve P.
    Options

Hi @Liz_Snavely

You can make the text white on the Y Axis to "hide" those values if you don't want them to show:

In regards to labelling the columns, this may depend on how your data is set up in the source sheet.

If your Years are in the left-most column in your sheet listed down rows, you should be able to toggle on the setting that says "Use first column as series labels" to bring in this label.

Cheers,

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now

• Lori Khoury
    Lori Khoury ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @Genevieve P. this is so helpful. I was looking to do something like this in one of my charts. Thank you. I have tried it yet but do you know if in my metric sheet I change the the decimal it will display in my chart ? I need a chart to show 9.2% instead of 9 % but right now the chart is semi circle based on values and I just selected to show percent instead of values.

• Genevieve P.
    Options

Hi @Lori Khoury

Pie and Donut charts that show percent will show them in rounded numbers without decimals, however if you have the percentage in your Metric Sheet with a decimal and then show as amount in the Pie Chart, then yes! That decimal will pull through:

Cheers,

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now