Sign in to submit new ideas and vote
Get Started

Canada in Form Phone Validation

Options

Greetings,

Field Settings - Validation - Phone. If you select Canada and save it. The form will display the United States. I went back into settings to double-check the settings were still set to Canada, while the manage form view displayed the United States.

Ultimately, my goal is to automate a dropdown with logic that presents the same country phone number with its area code. I have the logic down-packed; hopefully, the Canada bug I uncovered has a fix. Heads up, I tested 4 countries, and the logic worked for all four.

Kind Regards.

Vince

6 votes

Idea Submitted · Last Updated

Comments

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Options

Hey @Vince_718, I moved this over into the Product Feedback category for you 🙂

• Vince_718
    Options

@Genevieve P. - I'm not clear on what happens next. Am I waiting for my post to be seen by the developers? Is there a better way to manage these types of requests? Is there a ticketing system I can leverage? I'm just playing the waiting game here with no guarantees. Curious to find out if there is a more efficient way of going about this.

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Options

Hi @Vince_718

The Product team reviews the top-voted posts in this category once a month and provides status updates on those ideas.

For this specific request, Canada has the same validation structure as the US and the same +1 code, which is why the US flag is showing in the live form. Technically the validation works, but I understand wanting the preferred flag icon to show up (I'm Canadian and am very proud of our flag!) - this is why I moved your post to Product Feedback & Ideas. The more votes this post has, the more likely it is to be reviewed by Product and potentially inform their enhancement roadmap.

If you come across unexpected behaviours in the future, you can contact the Support team through the Support Portal. You're also welcome to provide feedback at any time from within the application, using the bullhorn icon:

Cheers,

Genevieve