Sign in to submit new ideas and vote
Get Started

Single Row Timeline

Options

Would love to see a single row timeline that provides a condensed view for senior leadership. This is one capability that is asked for a lot, but currently is not available.

57 votes

On Roadmap · Last Updated

We love this idea and we’ve heard you! We’re excited to announce that we have an all-new timeline view coming soon to your sheets. This view displays date-based work on a horizontal timeline. While we can’t provide a timeframe for the GA release, this new view is currently available to our EAP members.

Comments

• PMOGal
    PMOGal ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 06/23/23
    Options

Can Smartsheet please consider a different view for Project Timelines? See attached graphic.

The Gantt view when exporting to Excel, does not include weeks.

When presenting to leadership at my institution, leaders prefer a more condensed view.

The cherry on the cake is being able to show current status (in %) and when preferred 50% needs to be achieved. It's not exactly always in the middle of a task, especially when something needs to be designed.

And, I typically have a column in my grid that indicates health status using Smartsheet symbols. It would be nice if the project could color code each week with that status.

Currently, have to redo in Excel to get this view. Thank you for considering.

• 流风回雪
    流风回雪 ✭✭
    edited 06/28/23
    Options

Hi, Dear Smartsheet developers

I am converting my excelsheet to smartsheet.

I would like to show more dates or date spans in one row (for the same subtask) in the Gantt view, not just start date to end date.

Sometimes I will have more than one time span for one single task, and I don't want to further divide the task into several sub-sub-sub tasks... It is better to have the schedule just in one row

An example is attached.

Thanks a lot!

• TCJ
    TCJ ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hello,

My teams do not like the standard Gantt view from Smarthseets. They want to see a condensed version with all of the activities on the same line for a given function. There may be swimlanes for each function. This would also be useful to show the timelines for multiple projects on one sheet as well. I currently export everything to OnePager which is not ideal.

Thanks, Tim

• KarineMul22_TPg
    Options

I couldn't agree more - as a PMO I am asked to produce this about twice a week!

• TCJ
    TCJ ✭✭✭✭
    Options

The timeline preview that was released through the Early Adopter program is a good start, but it still needs some more flexibility, formatting options etc. Please continue to improve this new tool! Thanks

• Shonda
    Shonda ✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Pippa
    Pippa ✭✭
    Options

Up voting for this!

• leslie.g
    Options

I submitted a request for this a few days ago! Would be so helpful!

• Pam Ferguson
    Pam Ferguson Overachievers Alumni
    Options

I have heard that this is in the works!!!! Just thought I would share!

• Mark Ryan
    Mark Ryan Overachievers
    Options

Awesome suggestion, and thanks for addressing Smartsheet! Looking forward to the release.

• Trish Dillon
    Trish Dillon ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

this would be great to have! upvote from me!

• CMoore
    CMoore ✭✭
    Options

Thanks for working on this new feature.

Please confirm if this is available for enterprise license user - While we can’t provide a timeframe for the GA release, this new view is currently available to our EAP members.

I am not seeing this new view.

• TCJ
    TCJ ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hello - I hope that work is progressing rapidly on improved views of the timeline view. Smartsheet should look at OnePager for the type of usability that would be beneficial.

Can you please add the the timeline view to Reports also? Also, why is it not possible to see dependency arrows a report Gant? Thank you

Tim