Get Started

Sharing reports with data without even view access to the source sheet

Options
13»

Comments

• CWisnewski
    CWisnewski ✭✭✭
    Options

This needs to be fixed as there aren't any other elegant solutions for the user case mentioned by many. I recently tried deploying a similar solution. I require gathering monthly updates from a large department with multiple teams, (Smartsheet forms do not meet my requirement for ongoing collaboration). Team members are responsible for editing their respective team's report, with all data rolled up to a main source sheet. While the main sheet was shared without notification, team members are confused and editing the sheet, not their respective team report. Please advise when this will be resolved.

• Samuel Mueller
    Samuel Mueller Overachievers
    edited 02/27/24
    Options

This is a much needed feature. hopefully this is something Smartsheet implements. We know it's possible because it works inside of a WorkApp.

• Gavin Seaton
    Gavin Seaton ✭✭✭✭
    edited 03/18/24
    Options

Agree that Smartsheet really needs to get this sorted. Some have said that Dynamic View is the way forward but it isnt. Dynamic View does not have the ability to Group, Filter and Summarise the data so all you get is a jumbled up list which is very frustrating when you are trying to present data that is grouped into relevant areas.

• MartaK
    Options

This issue is extremely frustrating and defeats the point of having a report. It doesn't allow to control what data is visible/editable to which team members. What is even more frustrating is that the Smartsheet has not been helpful at all, and actually did not address issues raised in this thread. Not impressed!

• KenR
    Options

Totally agree with the above, while the ability to edit from a report is a great advantage, it's also a huge weakness in an era needing data integrity and confidentiality. I'm having to take the information out of smartsheets and back to SQL for my simple read-only reporting. Such a shame... so many exciting opportunities curtailed by such a basic operation.