Datamesh Whirlpool

Options

I am looking for some assistance..

I have 3 grids

(1) A Customer request log that is specific to a project ID

(2) An Engineering Response Log that I was intending to have Engineering respond to the customer Requests

(3) Our project Status report which shows some high level information and schedules our engineering team

What I was hoping to do was to use Datamesh to copy data from 1->2 and back and 2-> 3 and back.

this way I can keep the customers away from our data and have the engineering co-ordinator be the gate keeper.

The scenario I was hoping for was

A. customer says this project is canceled awaiting franchisee aproval

B. Co-ordinator goes into table 2 (which datameshed some date up from 1) see that information places the job on hold via a dropdown in that table and then the system datameshes the hold up to the table 3.

C. The co-ordinator then puts a comment in the comment fields that this is confirmed on hold and it datameshes back to table 1

The problem is the datameshes fight each other. our data is moving too fast and as I am drafting responses in table 2 someone updatees table 3 which pushes the mesh down and overwrites table 2. Or I have had some items where 2 goes up and puts project that are back on active that were on hold 30 minutes ago.

Any recomedation for something with a go-between table?

I could write a report but the data changes fairly quickly and if I mesh from a report it can only happen every hour. that could take 2-3 hours to get the data up and back.

Brent C. Wilson, P.Eng, PMP, Prince2

Facilityy Professional Services Inc.

http://www.facilityy.com

Tags:

Answers

• Brian_Richardson
    Brian_Richardson Overachievers
    Options

Sounds fun /s

You could maybe set your meshes to run at scheduled times offset from each other, rather than triggered.

Or, you can have your customers directly update data specific to them in your main tracker without having to provide sets of separate sheets and make people watch and flag other columns. If you use Dynamic View, you can lock in a filter for the customer that they cannot change, and provide only the columns that you want them to see. They can update or add their requests. You can set logic to show/hide columns for edit, or lock down columns for view but not edit. Once customer requests are in, you can leverage automations to make direct changes to the other columns that are for your eyes only.

BRIAN RICHARDSON | PMO TOOLS AND RESOURCES | HE|HIM

SEATTLE WA, USA

IRON MOUNTAIN