Sign in to submit new ideas and vote
Get Started

Preview all files and attachments: Excel, word, etc

Options
virgh
virgh âś­âś­âś­âś­

Idea - Opening a preview of an Excel file (similar to the current PDF previews) when it is an attachment on a row in my Smartsheet.

Example from my work - I really would appreciate the ability to preview Excel sheets so we can tell if the document submitted is our new Fiscal Year 24 form or the "old" fiscal year forms that we are rejecting.

Thanks!

• Virginia

Virginia C. Hire Damrauer

9 votes

Idea Submitted · Last Updated

Comments

• bjohnson12
    bjohnson12 âś­âś­
    edited 09/01/23
    Options

We are utilizing smartsheets for project tracking and a pre-requisite for specific project sizes is to attach supporting documentation. Most of these files are .docx it would be value add to be able to 'preview' the file vs. having to download it every time and opening. It seems like the functionality works for .jpeg/.png and .pdf files only.

• Salèha El D.
    Salèha El D. ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I would welcome this, at the moment I export the email /word doc into a PDF ... it is a faff.

A preview functionality of all doc regardless of format would be useful and time saver.

Salèha El D.

Talks about #Smartsheet #productivity, #eventindustry, and #informationtechnology

➖Continuous improvement – for me, an ongoing desire to enhance processes, and increase productivity ➖

• Purnima Gore_PGPS
    Purnima Gore_PGPS âś­âś­âś­âś­
    Options

Yes please may we have this.

I am working with a client just now that needs to upload the details onto a spreadsheet but then has to download the file to read the details. That isn't working very well at all. I thought it had a preview in the past so just want to make sure it hasn't changed.

Thanks

Purnima