Sign in to submit new ideas and vote
Get Started

Bring Back The Old Sheet Picker for Copy/Move Row Automations

Options

Comments

• Samuel Mueller
    Samuel Mueller Overachievers
    Options

I'm with you on that. bring it back and just make everything collapsed instead of expanded.

• Fred Tepera
    Fred Tepera ✭✭✭
    Options

Yes, please bring back the old method or at least allow the user to specify which view that fits their needs.

• Samuel Mueller
    Samuel Mueller Overachievers
    Options

And make all the pickers the same. Every where you go there is a different picker!

• Adam Murphy
    Adam Murphy ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Completely agree, don't know who tested this and gave it good feedback, but they must only have a handful of sheets in a single workspace because otherwise this "updated feature" is a massive step backwards. I also agree with the lack of consistency being a pain point...do it the same everywhere. And lastly, YES, PLEASE make the tree view default to COLLAPSED everywhere, expanded is almost as "not smart" as this new search only method for the move/copy automation.

• vdemattei
    vdemattei ✭✭✭✭
    Options

For such a "smart" program, this really introduces the opportunity for error by not showing the full folder tree. How is one to be sure they are selecting the correct folder/sheet from the correct workspace? It is common for similar sheet nomenclature to be used for multiple folders - this is basic organization. This requires users to make sure every single sheet has identifying naming to show their exact location in a folder tree since the folder tree is no longer visible - even when searching by name! Only the sheet name shows up, not even the location of the sheet. So frustrating. We should be moving forward with functionalities, not backwards!

• Ami Veltrie
    Ami Veltrie ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 08/28/23
    Options

I'm in the EAP and I don't remember getting an email about a 'testing' period for this change. 😕

• Joseph Aloysias
    Joseph Aloysias ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 09/07/23
    Options

I support @Paul Newcome Please revert to the previous user interface (UI) as we are encountering challenges in locating the correct sheet due to the absence of workspace names.

• Andrea Zenner
    Andrea Zenner ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I agree with all the comments above. The search feature is almost useless. I have almost 100 workspaces and thousands of sheets. I have multiple workspaces that are copies of each other for applications that are duplicated for different business units. The entire structure is the same in each workspace (workspace is named differently but folders and sheets are named the same in each) so there is no way to tell which sheet I'm actually picking when the search returns a dozen sheets. Huge frustration. Not a time saver at all. Also agree that when you bring the tree back (notice I said WHEN) please have it default to collapsed.

Andrea Zenner

Program Manager | Infrastructure & Operations

Apogee Enterprises

EAP | Mobilizer | Core Product Certified | Superstar

azenner@apog.com

• vdemattei
    vdemattei ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Absolutely! This has all the functions that SHOULD be there... why aren't all the pickers standardized? It's very unorganized and frankly negligent to have different pickers throughout the same program.

• Robert S Fike
    Robert S Fike ✭✭✭✭
    Options

What is the solution to finding a sheet if the search sheet function does not see it

• Chris Crazy Lab
    Options

Please improve info showed into destination sheet window at the automation to move/copy rows, previosly we can see linked sheet to confirm our process but now not appear it and we have to linked it again to confirm destination sheet.

• TDobson
    TDobson ✭✭
    edited 10/05/23
    Options

Help, I have tried a dozen different search criteria. It does not seem to recognize a search of a number for instance 2024. What am I doing wrong? This makes automation as a feature unusable for me which detracts from my overall user experience in Smartsheet. Why can it not find this file.

I have 4 files with the same name excpet that the number is 2021, 2022,2023,2024. Why can't search find all of them it says it shows the first 100 but in this picture it only shows 1 out of 4.

• Michelle Choate 2
    Michelle Choate 2 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I completely agree! The old "tree" menu was super user friendly and intuitive. This new way, when I manage thousands of sheets, is super frustrating.

• kcollins
    kcollins ✭✭✭
    Options

Agreed. I somehow missed this in EAP, but caused some issues today.