Join the conversation + Help us use sponsorships as a force for good

Options
Arsineh
Arsineh Employee Admin
edited 11/01/23 in Sponsor X

Smartsheet and McLaren Racing are teaming up to showcase STEAM Co. on the tracks at the British Grand Prix.

And you, our members can join the conversation and help shine a light on this deserving nonprofit that inspires children and ignites creativity in our schools, our work, and our lives with their resounding message to aim higher than high in life, powered by their creativity and community.

Answer this prompt in the comments below to unlock this STEAM Co. badge.

Why is creativity important? 

Witness the inspiring journey of UK-based STEAM Co., as their logo takes the front wing spot on McLaren Racing Formula 1 cars and join Smartsheet as we celebrate STEAM Co.’s  impact on thousands of children's lives and the remarkable power of passion and dedication in shaping a better future.

At Smartsheet we believe our greatest power is unlocking the power of others. That’s why we’ve teamed up again with the McLaren F1 team again to shine a light on an incredible nonprofit, STEAM Co., by giving away our coveted spot on the McLaren F1 cars.

Thanks for joining us in support of STEAM Co. and for helping make a difference!

Tags:

Comments

• Andria Hoyle
    Andria Hoyle Overachievers
    Options

Creativity is important because creativity is free, and once fostered, Creativity is the gift that just keeps giving.

Growing up with little, my family nurtured a creativity within us that allowed us to take a setback and make it an opportunity like it’s a game. Engineering forts to play in with scraps or performing scripted musical performances at our lemonade stand on our street corner, encouraged us not just to be a part of the world but to interact with it and in doing that, have the power to change our environments (especially when the environment could be improved due to little resources).

"We have done so much with so little for so long, we can now do anything with nothing."

Creativity deserves better from us than nothing and we should all be inspired by how STEAMCo. invests in young kids' creativity by giving them the help they could use to develop their problem solving skills, flexibility, and the imagination that will help make our communities better and encourage them to be true citizens of the world that create, develop, and improve for themselves and for all of us.

• Arsineh
    Arsineh Employee Admin
    Options

@Andria Hoyle Love that your family nurtured creativity within you -- what a gift.

• Julie Fortney
    Julie Fortney Overachievers
    Options

What an inspiring organization! I hope they are able to grow and expand into the US as well. Our educators work very hard, but our country's almost singular focus on standardized testing obliterates creativity.

Creativity means expanding your mind to the many potential answers to a question, and different measures of success. A failure is a success if you learn from it and it brings you closer to your goal.

• SofiRuiz
    SofiRuiz Overachievers
    Options

LOVE what STEAM Co. is doing and their purpose, and I am always amazed at this Smartsheet's initiative to give visibility to these incredible non-profits! 👏

• Ryan Sides
    Ryan Sides ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Solving problems, building the future, inspiring others: all take creativity and our kids will create things we could never imagine.

Ryan Sides

Smartsheet Tips and Tricks for Beginners and Advanced on LinkedIn and YouTube

Come Say Hello!

• brandi.meyer80376
    Options

Without creativity in children our future would be so bleak. Seeing children being encouraged to explore their creative abilities is only going to strengthen our future, and their minds.

• Colleen Patterson
    Colleen Patterson ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Creativity is what drives innovation. It is the color to our dreams. It pushes the boundaries of who we are into who we have the potential to become. I am so excited to see the work that Steam Co are doing, as, especially in the US, there has been limited funding for the arts and other creative pursuits. Children need to have their creativity fostered and promoted!

If my answer helped you, please be sure to mark it as Accepted to help future learners locate the information.

• Darla Brown
    Darla Brown Overachievers
    Options

As a former Music Educator, this just makes my heart happy! There's no other feeling than watching kids light up as they show off their creations - no matter how small.

Allowing our future leaders to expand their creative boundaries will only lay a strong foundation for better technology and more efficient process plans!

Darla Brown

What you meditate on, you empower!

Overachiever - Core Product Certified - Mobilizer - EAP

• Ray Lindstrom
    Ray Lindstrom ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 06/29/23
    Options

Creativity helps us to explore new paths, imagine new possibilities, and pursue new careers. Without creativity, I would not be in my current role, and definitely wouldn't be on this platform writing this impromptu answer.

Nick's inspiration is admirable. The kids are so interested and ENGAGED. It's great to see the joy and amazement on their faces!

• Aldrin Sarsaba
    Aldrin Sarsaba ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Creativity is a fundamental of human experiences that drives changes, progress, enriches self-stem and behavior and open new opportunities for further development and improvement.

• OCSC
    OCSC ✭✭
    edited 07/05/23
    Options

Creativity is so interesting and mind-boggling. Studying creativity can be a tricky process. Not only is creativity a complex topic in and of itself, but there is also no clear consensus on how exactly to define creativity. 

To me creativity is making, creating, and/or discovering things (ideas, connections, solutions) that are new to the person with the idea. What is made or discovered may have already been made or discovered by others, but when it's new to an individual; that's when it's creativity.

• Sherry Fox
    Sherry Fox ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Creativity is about making everything something better, whether it is painting, dancing, music, cooking, baking, and yes even Smartsheet projects. Creativity can realistically be applied to anything in life, and showing HOW you can make something better is creativity at it's finest. “Creativity is intelligence having fun.” — Albert Einstein

Sherry Fox

Project Analyst | Core Quality Services (QMS Transformation)

Medtronic

EAP | Mobilizer | Automagician | Superstar | Community Champion

https://www.linkedin.com/in/sherryfox/

• Joseph Aloysias
    Joseph Aloysias ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 07/05/23
    Options

Creativity speaks louder than words

Discover Girlstart

Unlock the badge & Support Girlstart

Support Girlstart and help nurture the next generation of visionaries