Join the conversation + Help us use sponsorships as a force for good

Options
1235»

Comments

• John_Foster
    John_Foster ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Creativity is so important. I find it is so interesting that, in general, as we age, our creativity tends to dip. Watching my children play as I know I did when I was younger, using their imagination to create something from nothing. It is so inspiring to see children being creative and challenging themselves in everything they do.

It makes me slightly jealous that I have enforced barriers upon myself to my own creativity.

• khickman
    khickman ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Creativity is important, I believe, in not just artistic avenues, but technical ones as well. Creativity helps us imagine new ways to trying a formula, imagine new ways to build a sheet, report and/or dashboard. Creativity helps us grow in all aspects of our lives and helps us connect with each other as well.

• Michelle Choate 2
    Michelle Choate 2 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Nurturing creativity and fostering a growth mindset are essential components of a well-rounded education that prepares students for the challenges of the future.

Organizations like STEAM Co. can play a crucial role in promoting a more holistic approach to education. By encouraging creativity, critical thinking, and a positive attitude toward learning from failure, they contribute to a well-rounded educational experience. Many educators and policymakers are recognizing the importance of these elements in preparing students not just for exams but for the dynamic and ever-changing landscape they will encounter in their future careers.

As more people become advocates for a balanced and innovative approach to education, there may be positive changes in how education is structured and delivered.

• brianschmidt
    brianschmidt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Creativity is a part of existing, and equips individuals and communities unlocks excellence in any given area...what a beautiful mission that Steam Co has to empower the future. It's lovely to see Smartsheet/Sponsor X being such a powerful advocator for this initiative!

• Tammy Sutton
    Tammy Sutton ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I'm so excited to support this initiative! I immediately think of a quote by Mary Lou Cook "Creativity is inventing, experimenting, growing, taking risks, breaking rules, making mistakes, and having fun." There is no right or wrong way to be creative, it simply allows you to be.

Tammy Sutton, CSM, CSPO

Project Manager | MilkTracker

AngelEye Health

https://www.linkedin.com/in/tammy-sutton/

• JenniferTorres
    JenniferTorres ✭✭✭✭
    Options

STEAM Co. is an amazing organization! I loved Nick's quote, "It takes a village to inspire a child."

• jan aelbrecht
    jan aelbrecht ✭✭✭✭
    Options

without creativity there is no world, should be a mandatory lesson in school.

• Bruce Case
    Bruce Case ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Creativity allows for people to think outside the box. I would love to have a team full of creative minds.

• Laura McDonald
    Laura McDonald ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Why is creativity important? I feel like creativity is that unwritten section of many job descriptions. It's something everyone wants, but quite difficult to get any type of certification in! The moment you allow creativity in, you can amplify your role, career, and business. I look to the work of my own department, process excellence - had there been no creativity, we wouldn't have made all of the amazing improvements that we have! We've taken manual, paper-based processes, and reimagined them to be paperless, intuitive, automated, and error-proofed (of course, with the help of Smartsheet). I continuously witness creativity breeding creativity - one idea stems another, which stems another, and soon, creativity is happening in every department!

• Creativity allows us to view & solve problems more openly and with innovation. This ability to think outside the box is essential in today's fast-paced, rapidly changing world.

• Julie Becker
    Julie Becker ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I work in the Construction industry and read this statement each day i come in..

“Engineering is the art of modelling materials we do not wholly understand, into shapes we cannot precisely analyse to withstand forces we cannot properly assess, in such a way that the public has no need to question the extent of our ignorance.”

Julie Becker ☠️

Construction Project Engineer / Coordinator & Software Program Oversight Mgr. 😉

Successful People Are Not Gifted; They Just Work Hard, Then Succeed On Purpose‼️

• c.swerts
    c.swerts ✭✭
    edited 03/01/24
    Options

Wow! The partnership between STEAM Co. and McLaren Racing, brilliantly sponsored by Smartsheet, far transcends the traditional notion of collaboration between the professional sector and the educational field.

When the STEAM Co. logo proudly adorns the front wing of McLaren's Formula 1 speedsters, it goes beyond a mere aesthetic feat. This initiative highlights the crucial role of STEAM disciplines (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, and Mathematics) in the educational journey of the young, providing them with the essential resources and inspiration to explore, dream, and create.

By spotlighting the inspiring story of STEAM Co., this collaboration exemplifies how corporate engagement can be a catalyst for positive change, directly affecting the lives of thousands of children and encouraging them to pursue their passions.

This partnership reminds us that, armed with passion and perseverance, we have the power to shape a bright future for the new generations. Let's hope this exemplary initiative inspires other companies to invest in education and nurture the inspiration of young minds. After all, supporting the builders of tomorrow means constructing the world we aspire to see emerge.

In addition, I would say that encouraging creativity in children provides them with the necessary tools to succeed in a constantly evolving world .

• Jen B.
    Jen B. ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Arsineh Is there a discussion thread, group, etc. where I can post info about a fundraiser to support a VEX Robotics team (actually 3 teams) travelling to the VEX World Championships in Dallas, TX next month? My twins are on the high school team that qualified to complete at VEX Worlds, and they'll be joined by a middle school and a grade school team from the same school district! However, our current budget estimates we'll need over $11k to send the 3 teams to compete in this final tournament that features 800 teams from about 40 countries.

This 2023 VEX Worlds video highlights the magnitude of this competition and the incredible opportunity it gives the kids who qualify!

The VEX Robotics program is a great opportunity for my colleagues in the Smartsheet Community to support STEM programs for all ages (grade school through university!) at local, national and international levels!

Please let me know if you have any questions. Looking forward to hearing from you! Thank you!!

Discover Girlstart

Unlock the badge & Support Girlstart

Support Girlstart and help nurture the next generation of visionaries