Sign in to submit new ideas and vote
Get Started

Forms - Search within your list of forms

Options
Karla Frank
Karla Frank âś­âś­

I would like to be able to search within my forms. I have a few sheets that have over 50 forms and it takes forever to scroll and find them.

Tags:
15 votes

On Roadmap · Last Updated

Thank you for your feedback! We are working on having Forms show up in Global Search results, which will make it easy to find them by name.

Comments

• Wes Ledford
    Wes Ledford âś­âś­
    edited 08/15/23
    Options

I have a similar submission with a few extra asks: https://community.smartsheet.com/discussion/108968/more-intuitive-forms-interface#latest

It would be nice to have a more intuitive interface for navigating Forms within a sheet. We use forms to collect three different types of feedback from end users (Issues, Questions, Suggestions) for 28 different products. This means our feedback sheet has a total of 84 Forms. It is very difficult to navigate these Forms due to the large icons and the fact that the sorting seems to not be based on Form Name. The following would make it much easier to navigate Forms:

• The ability to resize the Forms pop-up window, specifically to make it larger.
    • The ability to toggle to a more concise view or list of Forms instead of the medium/large icons.
    • The ability to change the sorting of Forms by Form Name, Date Updated, or Date Added.
    • The ability to search or filter Forms by
      • Keywords from the Form Title.
      • Fields on the Forms
      • Default values set in the Forms such as forms where "Source" field defaults to "Utilization Dashboard"
      • Form Elements such as which Forms allow File Uploads

• Edit Kalb
    Edit Kalb âś­âś­âś­
    edited 08/31/23
    Options

I have been tasked to compile all our forms. I don't know of a way to do this other than by going through each sheet in a workspace and checking if there is a form(s) for the sheet. Is there a better way to compile this list?

• damon.tackett
    damon.tackett âś­âś­
    Options

That is a great request! I would also like to be able to search for a column on a sheet. I have some sheets that are a couple hundred columns and scrolling through to find the column I need to make an update to (for example if I need to update items within a dropdown list or add a contact to a contact list) can be quite difficult.