How do I change the field in Calendar View

Options

I would like to change the field that is shown on the calendar view from the default unique identifier to the description field. I can't find anywhere in support for tips on how to do this. Just showing the unique identifier is worthless to me. Please help. Thank you.

Answers

• Stefan
    Stefan ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @deason,

I'm sorry, in Calendar View only the data in the primary column can be shown.

If has a fixed set of rows you could create a duplicate of your sheet, make the column you need the primary column and cell link all the cells. BUT only useful, when you don't add new rows to your first sheet.

Besides that kind of workaround, why not head over to the ideas section and post this as a feature suggestion?

Hope this helps

Stefan

Smartsheet Consulting, Solution Building, Training and Support.

Projects for Processes and for People.

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @deason

I hope you're well and safe!

To add to Stefan's excellent advice/answer.

I'd recommend creating a so-called helper column where you combine what you want to show and then reference it in the Primary Column.

Something like this.

="Component" + " - " + ColumnNameA + " - " + ColumNameB

Would that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe, and have a fantastic weekend!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.