How to resolve the "unlock full workapp collaborator access"

Options

I created a workapp and after adding groups to the workapp, I get a message that states: "Unlock full workApp collaborator access" and I don't know how to resolve this.

Tags:

Answers

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Options

Hi @Uswjat58

The information in this Help Article should help explain:

You can share workapps with a licensed user on any Smartsheet plan (internal or external to your company) at no additional cost.

However if the users in your Groups are unlicensed users or free collaborators, your company will need to purchase the WorkApps collaborator pack.

I would suggest checking through the users in the groups to ensure they're all licensed. If they're not, add the licensed ones individually instead.

Let me know if that helped!

Cheers,

Genevieve

• Raluca Arba
    Options

If a WorkApps Collaborator pack is purchased for unlicensed users to get access to an app, how are these users assigned to this Collaborator pack ?

• Genevieve P.
    Options

Hi @Raluca Arba

The "Collaborator pack" is the name of the purchase that enables unlicensed users to access your Workapp in general. You'd "Assign" those users in the same way you would share the Workapp to any user, does that make sense?

• Raluca Arba
    Options

@Genevieve P. Hi Genevieve and thank you for your answer.

If I am the owner of the created Workapp, I have correctly assigned users to their roles but the Admin who purchased the Workapp collaborator pack is another person would that be an issue ? Cause even if we've got confirmation that the collaborator pack is active the users I have assigned to different roles are not able to view the app yet.

• Genevieve P.
    Options

Hi @Raluca Arba

Is this Admin on the same plan as yourself?

The Owner of the Workapp would need to be on the Plan that has the Collaborator pack included. This means that if someone else purchased the Collaborator pack for your account it should be no problem.

Can you clarify your exact issue / set-up?

• Raluca Arba
    Raluca Arba ✭✭
    edited 11/08/23
    Options

@Genevieve P. thank you for your response ! It is really helpful.

I am on another plan and need to switch to the plan that has the Collaborator pack.