Sign in to submit new ideas and vote
Get Started

Allow pasting of more than 500 rows

Options

I keep running into this limit:

Can this be increased? It's rather frustrating.

12 votes

Idea Submitted · Last Updated

Comments

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Where exactly are you pasting from? I agree that being able to paste more than 500 rows at a time would be helpful, but in the meantime we may be able to come up with a workaround for you depending on your exact needs.

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi,

I hope you're well and safe!

Yes, I agree, but in the meanwhile, there are some workarounds.

• Import an Excel sheet, and then move the rows
    • Premium app, Data Shuttle.
    • + more

Would any of those options work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe, and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• mdemul
    mdemul ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Thank you for the suggestions. I'm working on a dashboard that is based on data from a large master sheet with over 2,000 rows. To make a pie chart based on this data, I need to make cell links from the master sheet to another sheet so that I can do data analysis there. I could do it directly in the master sheet, but that has many columns and I only need 1 column for the analysis. I can't make a cell link to an entire column, so I'm linking to the individual cells. Only, I can only make links to 500 rows at a time, so I have to repeat the linking process 5 or 6 times to cover all 2000-3000 rows.

So one limitation is that I can only link to 500 rows, the other that I can't link to a column.

I appreciate the workarounds, but I'm worried that my Smartsheet implementation and data analysis function is beginning to consist of a series of workarounds. I don't know if there is a way to avoid that. Maybe make the charting functions on dashboards more accepting of different data formats.

Thank you,

Marc

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Happy to help!

What about using a cross-sheet formula instead?

Remember! Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up/Awesome or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Depending on how exactly you need to run your calculations from that one column, you may be able to create a row report and use the grouping and summary features within the report to populate your chart.

Otherwise you should be able to use a formula with cross sheet references to run your calculations such as a SUMIFS or a COUNTIFS (or some of the other functions available.

What kind of calculations are you trying to run to generate the chart, and are you able to provide a screenshot (even with sample data) for context?

• L_123
    L_123 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

* I can't make a cell link to an entire column

=Index({Column reference},1)

then

=Index({Column Reference},1+count(Firstcell$1:Firstcell1)) and drag down.