Does smartsheet support the functionality to show progress bars on a Dashboard? If so, how?

I'm looking to create a dashboard to visualize % completion of projects - most of which are multi-stage. To add a cherry on top, some tasks may be completed in different orders, although everything would have to be complete to complete a "stage". If I had to cheaply describe what I'm trying to do, please see image below.

Answers

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭

You will need to use an Image widget to get the arrows on there.

For the bottom part, you would use a separate sheet with formulas using cross sheet references to populate the tasks that are in each stage and then use a metrics widget on the dashboard to display them below each arrow.

=JOIN(COLLECT({Task Name}, {Stage}, @cell = "Stage 1"), CHAR(10))

(enable text wrapping)

Come see me in Seattle at ENGAGE 2024! I will be at the 10xViz partner booth throughout as well as the "Lets Talk About Community" Meet & Eat table on Tuesday from 11:45am - 12:45pm!

CERTIFIED SMARTSHEET PLATINUM PARTNER

10xViz.com

• ZMinior
    ZMinior ✭✭

Hmmm maybe I wasn't entirely clear. I'm trying to use the arrows (in this case) as status completion bars. Either filling up as the tasks get complete or change color when complete - whichever seems easier.

• MichaelTCA
    MichaelTCA ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hello @ZMinior

I think the closest you can get to this idea is using a bar chart. I've never seen custom shape to use as a progress bar in Smartsheet.

The only thing I can think of is using an external app that can embed code, but the data would have to be sourced from the external app as well.

@Paul Newcome Paul, is there a way to use custom shapes as a progress bar?

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭

You can use UNICHAR(11157), make it bold, increase the font size, then use a formula to output a percent complete for the stage, and finally use conditional formatting to change the color of the arrow and have the arrow surfaced on your dashboard using a metrics widget.

Come see me in Seattle at ENGAGE 2024! I will be at the 10xViz partner booth throughout as well as the "Lets Talk About Community" Meet & Eat table on Tuesday from 11:45am - 12:45pm!

CERTIFIED SMARTSHEET PLATINUM PARTNER

10xViz.com